Sizzle ? ^^

AlGrenadine

Legend!
Vendor
Ok, as a lot of us complained about 6.00 sizzle, i think it's fair to congrat Cliff and FAS dev team for the 6.01 release.
Now there's no more SIZZZZZZZLLLLLLLEEEEE ! :D
But 6.01 definitely confirms there was sizzle in 6.00, despite the number of people negating this fact...

Ok, i go back and play the instrument ;)

Well it confirms that algrenadine had shiiizzzzzle and that it now is gone :)
So lets all be happy.

6.01 is a backward step as far as I am concerned, I don't think it is any coincidence that the FAS team stated on many occasions that they spent countless hours getting 6.0 indistinguishable from the real amp counterpart, and that 6.0 sounded the most like a real amp to me.

I have to wonder if this same meticulous attention to detail and time spent 'matching' each and every amp was applied to 6.01? or if there was something noticed on one particular model that was then applied to all models for 6.01.

Just my opinion, from what I have found so far, and I am not knocking cliff as the product is still great and the best in it's class, I just think the previous firmware was spot on and 6.01 is not.

Man listen to the new VH album, sizzle city... as soon as the drums kick it it's gone. Can probably be dialed out for those not in a mix, but in a mix i think it helps cut better. Big fan of the 5153 amp, blue with the master up around 7-7.5 and gain 5-6ish is a great sound for me.

I wish we could agree that sizzle is a term for good stuff for those that like it and fizz is the bad stuff. ;-)

I think anybody who thinks there's a huge change from 6.0 to 6.01 (positive or negative) is overreacting. The changes are very subtle. According to Cliff the test measurements show that these subtle changes result in slightly more accurate matching in for the very upper part of the spectrum.

Personally, I would probably have to sit down with 2 Axe-FX's and A/B both versions of firmware back and forth to try and notice a difference. But I don't do that because Cliff has already done the testing so it is pointless and I'm just going to enjoy playing my guitar. I would suggest you guys do the same.

I think anybody who thinks there's a huge change from 6.0 to 6.01 (positive or negative) is overreacting. The changes are very subtle. According to Cliff the test measurements show that these subtle changes result in slightly more accurate matching in for the very upper part of the spectrum.

Personally, I would probably have to sit down with 2 Axe-FX's and A/B both versions of firmware back and forth to try and notice a difference. But I don't do that because Cliff has already done the testing so it is pointless and I'm just going to enjoy playing my guitar. I would suggest you guys do the same.

The human ear/brain has a 'loop' of under 8 seconds for most people. It is literally impossible to A/B sounds minutes, hours or days apart. Adam is right. I have not upgraded yet, but without 2 II's side by side, you'll never know for sure what's real and what's psychological...

Back
Top Bottom