Wish Sitar sim just like in the Boss GT-1000

Yes, cool too, but somehow it doesn't has the same effect on me.

Hi yek,
since 30 years I use a „sitar“ on stage using a
  1. Roland VG-99 plus a
  2. Godin LG-SA
guitar with synth access.
It gives me a multitimbral (!) 6-voices sitar.
There are no tonal or chordal restrictions. It’s great.
A better one ? I don‘t know. If you do please let me know.

The Boss one is nice, but I prefer how my Variax sounds. Pretty much the only reason I still have it... ;-)
The EHX... wow. Into the GAS list.

To me the Boss clip is nice musically, but it just sounds like a pretty clean tone with rotary or chorus and verb. I don't hear sitar tone at all, just sitar-ish motifs. There's nothing sim- or special-effect-like to the processing. Or maybe I'm deaf or stupid. Listening in fairly good headphones though.

I'm totally addicted to this sound. Please keep me from buying a GT-1000CORE just for this sound...

Both the GT-1000 and GT-1000CORE have MIDI out, which probably means you could use them both as foot controllers for your Axe-FX and for this "sitar" sound. And for an emergency backup in case someone spills their beer on your Axe-FX, I suppose. The non-CORE version even has a built-in expression pedal.

Hope that helps keep you from buying one! 😁

Yes, and I don't even care that it doesn't exactly sound like a real sitar, it's just uber-cool.

Yes sounds nothing like a sitar. Not even close. I don’t hear anything sitar-ish at all. Just a clean tone with reverb, delay, maybe flanger and slight overdrive. I know because I play sitar for 15 years or so. :) But the sound is nice anyway. I wouldn’t buy that Boss especially for that sound though. I think you can easily get such sound from the Axe. Haven’t tried though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom