Legacy Presets SinMix Producer Pack [Best Metal Presets for FX II]

Third party presets or preset packs for sale for legacy Fractal Audio products.
No thin sound here...you guys just need to use the presets and cabs in the pack properly, maybe you are doing something wrong.
i know how to use presets and load cabs,i will do another test tonight,maybe i did something wrong,first i load the presets,then the wav files,but this time im going to load the IR inside the AX8 folder.

Last edited:
My honest review @SinMix :

I've downloaded the free 5150 preset from SinMix and for me it sounds realy good. I haven't had a chance to try it loud through my Matrix Q12a but I did a little impro over one of my playbacks and it sits perfect in the mix. I'm not a metal player, more of a blues and classic rock and it sounds great not to gainy or to thin. It's just one recording track via usb into Reaper. No post processing or eq. Left the preset as is.

Indie Les Paul with Suhr Doug Aldrich pickups

that sound awesome bro,can you share your preset?with your settings.

Different guitars, different settings required. Simple!

To me e.g. the presets made by @2112 sound horrible, whereas his sound examples are very cool. That's why I don't buy preset collections ;)
well i like to buy presets and i really like presets from other sellers that sound awesome.

Ok, iv made this for You guys (and I'm really busy guy)

SinMix Axe presets 5150/mesa dr quadtracked guitars without eq! 100% Raw guitar sound + backing track - that's all.

And before someone start crying "Man preset dont sounds like on samples" Have a link for You to multitrack. Inside pack:

1. A bit mixed backing track (drums,vocals,bass)
2. DI guitar tracks for reamping.

In my sample on SC is simple setup: 2 guitars L1 and R1 - reamped with mesa dr preset, 2 guitars L2 and R2 - reamped with 5150 preset, lead guitars again with 5150 preset, clean guitars - mesa dr preset with amp gain set on 0.36.

About panning:
Rhythm guitars
- L1 100% left L2 80% left R1 100% right R2 80 % right
Leads - 40% left and 40% right
Clean - clean3 center clean 1 and 2 40% left and right.

On master bus just one limiter to bring the volume. And again its not even mix becouse guitars are not eq!!!! Can do this better but... now You can do 100% the same with 100% same finall results! So asking again: sounds thin? Preset fault?

Link to multitrack here: http://www.brickwall.pl/kse_axe/

Stay Metal!

i will give it another try tonight,thank you for posting the multitracks.

same here,i load the presets then the wav files,but im getting a very thin sound,doesnt sound like any of the videos or audios samples,im using my strat with HSS,seymour JB jr on the bridge

This may sound silly but did you try adjusting his gate settings in the input section? They were a bit high for my set up and when I adjusted it, it sounds huge. Might be worth a shot.

Last edited:
can share your gate settings?

It changes depending on the patch and the guitar I'm using but -70db, ratio 2.00, attack 1.00, release 20.00, level 0, Input Z auto. is a good start. Anything over -50db for the threshold starts to be a bit too much for the sound on my rig, unless I want that super tight meshuggah type sound. The original threshold works really well for the 5150 free patch SinMix posted. Gets a sick Choasphere sound.

My recommendation is lower the threshold until you start getting some TINY bit of noise then lower the release until it stops. The primary thing is to lower the threshold if your guitar doesn't have a high output pickup.

It changes depending on the patch and the guitar I'm using but -70db, ratio 2.00, attack 1.00, release 20.00, level 0, Input Z auto. is a good start. Anything over -50db for the threshold starts to be a bit too much for the sound on my rig, unless I want that super tight meshuggah type sound. The original threshold works really well for the 5150 free patch SinMix posted. Gets a sick Choasphere sound.

My recommendation is lower the threshold until you start getting some TINY bit of noise then lower the release until it stops. The primary thing is to lower the threshold if your guitar doesn't have a high output pickup.

last night i tried the presets again,i load the bundle presets,the sound was better but still sounding i bit bright to my taste,the 5150 free patch was good.

im using the AX8.

last night i tried the presets again,i load the bundle presets,the sound was better but still sounding i bit bright to my taste,the 5150 free patch was good.

im using the AX8.
What with free Friedmanand ModernMetal preset on Hesu cab?Also can You record for me DI guitar track? few random played riffs, some chords etc... Can try also reamp on my real amps and send You finall effect how it sounds. Really want to help but so far dont know how :p

Stay Metal!

Last edited:
[Free Update] New Preset - MetalFredy - based on Friedman Amp and my Mesa Rectifier 412 cab IR. Login to my store > go to purchase history and redownload pack again! Have Fun! \m/

Stay Metal!

Back
Top Bottom