Legacy Presets SinMix Producer Pack [Best Metal Presets for FX II]

Third party presets or preset packs for sale for legacy Fractal Audio products.

SinMix

Experienced
Vendor
Hi, Just released my first Metal Pack I Presets/IR for Axe Main post here: https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...-and-cabinets-ir-metal-pack-i-out-now.135848/

AMP_1_forum.jpg

Stay Metal!

I took this pack last night and after a few hours played, I find it very good! especially the mark 4 and the rectifier which for me sounds like the originals, all right to play all the albums of dream theater, thank you very much sinmix

I ordered and installed but get no signal coming thru your presets.All my other presets are fine except yours.I drug and dropped the cab IR's and amp presets where they needed to be.What am I doing wrong?

Nevermind........even though I looked at the picture I did not realize the cab's needed to be copied to the exact same slot's that the creator put them in.

Nevermind........even though I looked at the picture I did not realize the cab's needed to be copied to the exact same slot's that the creator put them in.
So now everything works fine?

Stay Metal!

They are not bad but imho they do not sound like any of your samples on my system.They sound very thin stock.Now I only tune down to Eb and have been using my Ibanez RG gtrs with Tone Zones in them.I can not stand down tuning like most young players do today because it just sound's like pure mud with zero definition.I will mess around with them more today.

They are not bad but imho they do not sound like any of your samples on my system.They sound very thin stock.Now I only tune down to Eb and have been using my Ibanez RG gtrs with Tone Zones in them.I can not stand down tuning like most young players do today because it just sound's like pure mud with zero definition.I will mess around with them more today.
Interesting, becouse can send You all songs multitrack from my comparisons, you can reamp with my presets and for sure at the end you get same sound. Thats why I 7se multitracks from net - everyone can reamp and compare But about thin sound - go to preamp section and change "tone freq" or "definition" for more "no thin" sound. Like I said preset based on my own real amp sound. From the other side ok, go for fav preset and fav cab IR then just repleace cab part with my mesa OS IR and share the samples here... Want to hear how it sounds. And trust me before I release my metal pack Compared many "famous" cab IR with my own just to be sure that my own fit better in a mix.
Anyway thx for honest opinion!
Stay Metal!

same here,i load the presets then the wav files,but im getting a very thin sound,doesnt sound like any of the videos or audios samples,im using my strat with HSS,seymour JB jr on the bridge

What guitar and p/up's are you using?

ESP LTD EC-401VF TBSB - Seymour Duncan JB (B) / ’59 (N)

Maybe it is my fault.What are the .wav files for in the folder?

Inside the folder Cab IR in .wav format, You can use them with other ampsims in a Daw like PodFarm, TSE X50 etc... or with torpedo live and real amps.

same here,i load the presets then the wav files,but im getting a very thin sound,doesnt sound like any of the videos or audios samples,im using my strat with HSS,seymour JB jr on the bridge

About "thin sound" :
1. Please change amp in my one preset - for example maybe Diezel - and try again - still sounds thin?
2. Pleace repeace cab IR for example if my preset based on Mesa OS IR try to load Mesa IR from Fractal - still sounds thin?

If yes in point 1 and 2 its means its not preset fault, if no, You can try change 2 parameters Preamp > Tone freq and Definition

- Tone freq - turn the knob to the left (less tight, more undefined sound)
- Definition - same here

Stay Metal!

Attachments

• fas_tonefreq.jpg
    fas_tonefreq.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 60
Ok, iv made this for You guys (and I'm really busy guy)

SinMix Axe presets 5150/mesa dr quadtracked guitars without eq! 100% Raw guitar sound + backing track - that's all.

And before someone start crying "Man preset dont sounds like on samples" Have a link for You to multitrack. Inside pack:

1. A bit mixed backing track (drums,vocals,bass)
2. DI guitar tracks for reamping.

In my sample on SC is simple setup: 2 guitars L1 and R1 - reamped with mesa dr preset, 2 guitars L2 and R2 - reamped with 5150 preset, lead guitars again with 5150 preset, clean guitars - mesa dr preset with amp gain set on 0.36.

About panning:
Rhythm guitars
- L1 100% left L2 80% left R1 100% right R2 80 % right
Leads - 40% left and 40% right
Clean - clean3 center clean 1 and 2 40% left and right.

On master bus just one limiter to bring the volume. And again its not even mix becouse guitars are not eq!!!! Can do this better but... now You can do 100% the same with 100% same finall results! So asking again: sounds thin? Preset fault?

Link to multitrack here: http://www.brickwall.pl/kse_axe/

Stay Metal!

Attachments

• kse_presets.jpg
    kse_presets.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
No thin sound here...you guys just need to use the presets and cabs in the pack properly, maybe you are doing something wrong.

My honest review @SinMix :

I've downloaded the free 5150 preset from SinMix and for me it sounds realy good. I haven't had a chance to try it loud through my Matrix Q12a but I did a little impro over one of my playbacks and it sits perfect in the mix. I'm not a metal player, more of a blues and classic rock and it sounds great not to gainy or to thin. It's just one recording track via usb into Reaper. No post processing or eq. Left the preset as is.

Indie Les Paul with Suhr Doug Aldrich pickups

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom