AFIII Presets SinMix Metal Custom Preset - Want to say Thx and Goodbye!

Third-party preset or preset pack for the Axe-Fx III
So, now that Cygnus is kinda almost there as a new firmware, any thoughts about going from 15.01 to 16? can I use the current presets and use them on Cygnus or is it a case by case “Check it and see”

So, now that Cygnus is kinda almost there as a new firmware, any thoughts about going from 15.01 to 16? can I use the current presets and use them on Cygnus or is it a case by case “Check it and see”
Comparedsame mesa dr preset in both FW versions, for Me so far not a big diff. Waiting for finall release then i check again all my packs.

Stay Metal!

Hi,

I want to buy your metal pack for the axefx3. I do live in Turkey and we do not have the paypal payment option. can i pay with credit card? thanks

Oliver

Hi, New Preset inside Metal Pack - DarkSide5150. This Time Peavey 5150 matched with IR from my Marshall 1960AV cab - single sm57 but mic pos was off axis (more dark less fizzy sound) fun with eq and preset fit very good in a mix (tested few songs) Have Fun!

Stay Metal!

Metal Pack Updated to FW 16.00 Version!

Have Fun!
Thanks for doing that.

Unfortunately, this highlights a weakness in the way the AxeFX works. You provide the IRs, but the slot numbers seem to be scattered through user1 and user2 banks. So, there's no easy way to audition these in the preset manager. It was a little easier with the AxeFX II and the bundle idea. But on the AxeFX III, especially with the way the IRs are referenced by slot number instead of a hash, I loaded 2 of your presets, but it was such a pain that I gave up after that :). The way the AxeFX III insists on treating the IR and preset libraries as if they reside in the AxeFX really should be changed.

Thanks for doing that.

Unfortunately, this highlights a weakness in the way the AxeFX works. You provide the IRs, but the slot numbers seem to be scattered through user1 and user2 banks. So, there's no easy way to audition these in the preset manager. It was a little easier with the AxeFX II and the bundle idea. But on the AxeFX III, especially with the way the IRs are referenced by slot number instead of a hash, I loaded 2 of your presets, but it was such a pain that I gave up after that :). The way the AxeFX III insists on treating the IR and preset libraries as if they reside in the AxeFX really should be changed.
Yea, now i just put preset and cab in one folder for every presets. Cant do more - bundle presets idea was better IMO, and for example in Headrush you can put all Irs in one folder then load presets and headrush match automaticaly preset with IR :cool: Helix also suck balls here with matching preset and IR :D

Stay Metal!

Yea, now i just put preset and cab in one folder for every presets. Cant do more - bundle presets idea was better IMO, and for example in Headrush you can put all Irs in one folder then load presets and headrush match automaticaly preset with IR :cool: Helix also suck balls here with matching preset and IR :D

Stay Metal!
The way it's done in the Helix is a better way since it doesn't rely on slot numbers, which can be different for different users. For example, I already have IRs in some of the slots you use. I know Cliff has acknowledged the hash method the Helix uses is the better way to do it, and hopefully we'll see that feature added soon.

I ended up making a excel spreadsheet and listed all the Sinmix presets and corresponding IR names and new locations that I loaded all the IRs in. Now with every update I load in the new preset and then bang in the IR location listed in the spreadsheet. Takes an hour but worth it.🤓
The bundle method was better but then you run the risk of having the same IR saved multiple times for different presets.🤔
For me I love using SINMIX presets. He takes the time and effort to EQ all of the nasty frequencies out so they do not sound digital. What you get is studio ready sounds that work great! 🤟

Last edited:
I ended up making a excel spreadsheet and listed all the Sinmix presets and corresponding IR names and new locations that I loaded all the IRs in. Now with every update I load in the new preset and then bang in the IR location listed in the spreadsheet. Takes an hour but worth it.🤓
The bundle method was better but then you run the risk of having the same IR saved multiple times for different presets.🤔
For me I love using SINMIX presets. He takes the time and effort to EQ all of the nasty frequencies out so they do not sound digital. What you get is studio ready sounds that work great! 🤟
Well, its a solution. Have Fun! and thx for support!

Stay Metal!

Back
Top Bottom