Singtall Superpack of presets are ready!

Funny you should say that, because I've been talking with some of the maestros and I agree. I'm looking at the way I'm doing business right now and I think some things will have to change.

"i will be updating the superpack constantly as requests for new presets come in."
"keep the requests coming. all of the presets will be added to the superpack."
"many have suggested that i charge several times more for my presets and split them into small packs, but i like the thought of a product that keeps on giving. after all, isn't this the business model that Cliff has given to us?"
"i'll be adding the Blues Saraceno preset to the pack as soon as i get a chance to make it."

Those posts were how you got my business. I know these threads have gotten a little rough, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who appreciates the path you chose.

it does suck when i do a lot of work for peanuts and people still find a reason to complain.

i'm looking at the possibility of making several different types of packs. for those that want to get exact, it will be a custom service like it always has been. most of the time when i make custom presets for people they allow me to add it to the superpack, which is why packs like my eleven rack superpack now have over 700 presets. it's the guys that pay for custom presets that really subsidize the superpack.

i'm talking to several people that i respect in the industry to see what the plan should be going forward, but for now everything is what it is.

What are the complaints?
I can understand you though, a superpack that is forever updated for a firm sum is probably not the best business model...
However, you may experience some criticism since this is what you advertised from the start, and I think more than a few actually bought the pack because of those conditions?
I know I was pretty p*****d off when I bought the TAF Platinum cab pack with promises of lots of updates in the near future, and nothing has happened ever since...
Well, I wish you the best of luck anyway and hope you can figure out a clever way to change the pack format while keeping current customers happy!

it does suck when i do a lot of work for peanuts and people still find a reason to complain.

i'm looking at the possibility of making several different types of packs. for those that want to get exact, it will be a custom service like it always has been. most of the time when i make custom presets for people they allow me to add it to the superpack, which is why packs like my eleven rack superpack now have over 700 presets. it's the guys that pay for custom presets that really subsidize the superpack.

i'm talking to several people that i respect in the industry to see what the plan should be going forward, but for now everything is what it is.

While I'm not a captain of industry, I am in a position to assist in some small ways. I am tired of our artists not getting the fortune they deserve...just yesterday my best friend did a session with some musicians who are going out on the road with Mahavishnu JM! They said he indicated this would be his last tour of the States because he isn't making enough money! Perhaps the greatest guitarist in the world is having difficulties financing a tour! The tales I heard about AH brought me to tears...so as an old man I will help in any way I can..your work is fantastic and your presets are amazingly good...you need to make your fortune! Art must be supported or the culture atrophies.

"i will be updating the superpack constantly as requests for new presets come in."
"keep the requests coming. all of the presets will be added to the superpack."
"many have suggested that i charge several times more for my presets and split them into small packs, but i like the thought of a product that keeps on giving. after all, isn't this the business model that Cliff has given to us?"
"i'll be adding the Blues Saraceno preset to the pack as soon as i get a chance to make it."

Those posts were how you got my business. I know these threads have gotten a little rough, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who appreciates the path you chose.

This is the exact reason I decided to buy this pack. So far I've been very impressed with the tones. Hoping the superpack lives on! Thanks for your work Singtall!

One of the custom presets I paid for made it to the superpack. I was glad to see it in the superpack for others to enjoy.

I'm digging all of Singtall's presets! Keep up the excellent work Singtall.

thanks guys. you guys make it all worth it. honestly, i get more out of one guy posting a video, or audio clip, or just a comment saying how excited he is about a preset. it never will pay enough to make presets full time, or even part time. this is a labor of love.

if i changed the format of how i do superpacks, the guys that already have the superpack would continue getting everything as they already do. i'm looking at making smaller packs of 2-5 presets (for example) for guys that only want certain tones and that's it. i would continue the superpack, but at a higher entry cost to new people. hopefully that makes sense. when i started with the eleven rack superpack i would accept donations of ANY amount! all it took is a couple guys sending me like 63 cents to end that. i changed the price to a minimum of $20. there are guys that donated more after they got the presets. bless those guys Lord. So anyone already in is in. no worries. anyone on the fence? time to jump in while it's still cheap. lol.

My thoughts as a consumer of your presets (as well as those created by others):

• I like "artist" presets even though I do not use them to play/perform songs by those artists. The artist reference is a good idea to know whether or not a tone will appeal to me and if I have a use for it.
  • If someone pays for an artist setting for something like "Master of Puppets" and then complains that the tone is off when using a telecaster with low output pickups, then that isn't a reflection on the quality of the product you have sold.
  • An artist's tone includes phrasing, rhythm, and touch - Having a preset will not suddenly make someone play like a particular artist.
  • I bought the superpack and I am more interested in it being updated for new firmwares than I am seeing other presets added to it.
  • Have you considered capping the superpack for those who bought it? Perhaps stating additions to this pack will stop at X number of presets is a good way to go.
Good luck to you - dealing with the public is never easy. I believe you provide a quality product/service, and I hope you find a model that works well moving forward.

As I haven't got a room any more for the time being to play loud on video, I've done another little snippet of 2 Presets from the Superpack: Rhythm with the Sintall Glassy Clean and for lead the Artist Preset Jeff Beck - Wired. The Slide part without the ringmodulator and second part was quite fun with the ringmodulator. It's just a funny pop-rock snippet just to try the presets which work very well....

As I haven't got a room any more for the time being to play loud on video, I've done another little snippet of 2 Presets from the Superpack: Rhythm with the Sintall Glassy Clean and for lead the Artist Preset Jeff Beck - Wired. The Slide part without the ringmodulator and second part was quite fun with the ringmodulator. It's just a funny pop-rock snippet just to try the presets which work very well....

Excellent preset and excellent playing!

Hey Singtall, my voice is very small on this forum, but I just want you to know your efforts are very much appreciated. I've already mentioned to Moke and Fremen that you have all changed my guitar playing life.

Due to various work commitments, I only have 3 hours on a Sunday to dedicate to anything guitar related and I really don't have the time to work out all the finer details of creating my own presets. I'd sooner be actually playing the damn thing.
We all pay for things in life, it's just if you think it's worth it, personally I think it is.

Thanks to the power of the Internet you have made a stranger on the other side of the world very happy.

Kudos to you.

Last edited:
Finally got these and started playing around with them, have to say absolutely phenomenal work. I expected them to be good, but these were well above expectations.Thanks so for putting these out there, really helpful for guys like me who dont have a ton of time to noodle. Would rather be playing.

If you ever get a chance, one preset that I've never been able to work out and would pay again to have is the delay solo in Devil Theory by Jeff Loomis. Starts at the 4 minute mark.

Finally got these and started playing around with them, have to say absolutely phenomenal work. I expected them to be good, but these were well above expectations.Thanks so for putting these out there, really helpful for guys like me who dont have a ton of time to noodle. Would rather be playing.

If you ever get a chance, one preset that I've never been able to work out and would pay again to have is the delay solo in Devil Theory by Jeff Loomis. Starts at the 4 minute mark.

I was in the middle of a preset that sounded pretty close, so i added the delay to it and added it to the superpack. look for "Jeff Loomis Devil Delay" preset in the artist preset folder.

Back
Top Bottom