Singtall Superpack of presets are ready!

i'm using very high output tonezone pickups. bareknuckles high tons more highs, which will result in a lot of fizzy distortion.

you would need to make sure low cut is not on, and turn off bright switch to work better with your pickups. an eq before the amp block or a tonematch block would really help you out. check out my other thread on tonematching pickups.

Singtall,

For your Ty Tabor patch ... it sounds a lot like Ty mixes a clean guitar/acoustic with a distorted guitar. Would that be possible to do?

Thanks,
Brandon

i'm using very high output tonezone pickups. bareknuckles high tons more highs, which will result in a lot of fizzy distortion.

you would need to make sure low cut is not on, and turn off bright switch to work better with your pickups. an eq before the amp block or a tonematch block would really help you out. check out my other thread on tonematching pickups.

Ok, thanks!
It's not like it's trebley, the low end is there.
Yes, the tonezone is definitely a higher output pickup, so I would have thought that the result when I play these presets would be I'd like to raise gain/volume in comparison to when you set them with the tonezone?
Well I'll try to play some more with the settings but I think there's more to it than adjusting EQ settings in various places?
May I ask again: Were these made on a Mark I/II or XL?

Singtall,

For your Ty Tabor patch ... it sounds a lot like Ty mixes a clean guitar/acoustic with a distorted guitar. Would that be possible to do?

Thanks,
Brandon

thats just the lab l5, it sounds like that.. i cant replicate it in the axe, tried a few times. the way the amp reacts (i own one) roll down volume, it's clean, up it roars.

Ok, thanks!
It's not like it's trebley, the low end is there.
Yes, the tonezone is definitely a higher output pickup, so I would have thought that the result when I play these presets would be I'd like to raise gain/volume in comparison to when you set them with the tonezone?
Well I'll try to play some more with the settings but I think there's more to it than adjusting EQ settings in various places?
May I ask again: Were these made on a Mark I/II or XL?

MKII.

thats just the lab l5, it sounds like that.. i cant replicate it in the axe, tried a few times. the way the amp reacts (i own one) roll down volume, it's clean, up it roars.

using a strat or single coils with my preset is as close as i've gotten to that tone. the L5 is a different beast altogether. tonally, i've gotten close. feel-wise i don't know because i don't have a L5 to compare to. but cleaning up when the volume is rolled back has to do with several things including how your pickups hit the distortion. you just cannot get there without a single coil pickup that has been boosted and eq'd.

using a strat or single coils with my preset is as close as i've gotten to that tone. the L5 is a different beast altogether. tonally, i've gotten close. feel-wise i don't know because i don't have a L5 to compare to. but cleaning up when the volume is rolled back has to do with several things including how your pickups hit the distortion. you just cannot get there without a single coil pickup that has been boosted and eq'd.

yup, to some extent. it does it with any guitar though. I had an elite strat for a bit (sold it, way too heavy), but that and the lab was magic. Those pickups push some strange midrange that just makes it sing more. would love to see the l5 modeled, even offered to pony up mine, but no bites. do you have a vid of your preset?

i played some on the preset and i have to say that it doesn't respond like it used to. it used to compress more and clean up with a louder clean tone. i'll have to play around with the poweramp section to get the compression and mids back.

i played some on the preset and i have to say that it doesn't respond like it used to. it used to compress more and clean up with a louder clean tone. i'll have to play around with the poweramp section to get the compression and mids back.

Thank you! I was playing it with a wrong guitar. I don't have a Strat, but I'll try it with my Tele instead. With a humbucker, it had a heavy distortion to me. But obviously the wrong guitar.

But I love the tone you posted above and hope you can play with it to get back to that!

I've been enjoying these presets for a few days - well worth the donation. After trying a few as-is in a band setting, I have become suspicious I tend to dial too much bass in when I program my own patches. These really blended well in a full group setting.

Anyone else with a XL+ got these?
If so, how do they work out for you?
I think I read somewhere that when importing Mark I/II presets into the XL some blocks will get their values altered? Or should presets imported into XL, or converted with Fractool, stay the same?
I still feel something's not right especially with the higher gains one, it's so obvious that I'm sure this wasn't nearly how they're supposed to sound. Palm muting is really swampy with a trail of buzz, almost like trying to play metal riffs with a bass into a preset made for guitar....
I'll try to find where I read about those blocks changing when importing to XL...

Anyone else with a XL+ got these?
If so, how do they work out for you?
I think I read somewhere that when importing Mark I/II presets into the XL some blocks will get their values altered? Or should presets imported into XL, or converted with Fractool, stay the same?
I still feel something's not right especially with the higher gains one, it's so obvious that I'm sure this wasn't nearly how they're supposed to sound. Palm muting is really swampy with a trail of buzz, almost like trying to play metal riffs with a bass into a preset made for guitar....
I'll try to find where I read about those blocks changing when importing to XL...
I don't have them, but when I recently upgraded to an XL+ I had to use FracTool to get my presets from my mkII working right...

I tried today the new Mesa Boogie 1992 V30 EN from Valhallir.at with @Singtall Epic Lead - jesus what a nice tone this preset from Ross is anyway, but I liked it for my self with an user ir even more. This presets are really great Ross....

sorry for the slow response to making new presets. i had a bad sinus infection, followed by an ear infection, so my hearing was way off. i'm feeling better now and will be trying to knockout the list of presets (over 60) that was requested.

added 3 Boston Peace of Mind presets.

one is an exact tonematch.
the second is a stereo version.
the last is what i call a live version. the live version is what i would probably use since the real cd tone isn't what i would be comfortable playing with. the cd tone is kinda dark and midrangy.

Back
Top Bottom