Singtall Cabinet

Singtall

Experienced
Vendor
This is a cabinet that I cooked up using various methods and I'm currently using it for recording my new CD. Preset included. make sure you install the IR and choose it as the cabinet for the preset. I personally have the IR stored at location 99, but feel free to install it anywhere that you like.

Attachments

• Singtall IR.syx
    10.1 KB · Views: 68
  • Singtall Recording Rig.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 64
I loaded that up last night and gave it a spin. It's a really nice sound !

What cabinet / speaker combination is it ?

And ..., the 'waveform' in the CAB block looks very "interesting" .... Any details that you're prepared to share yet ?

I've had a couple of days to dig into the preset and I noticed that you 'modified' quite a few of the stock settings ( pre-amp / power amp / etc; ). I was surprised the difference that it made ! I love the Friedman Amps ..., but sometimes they can actually be too "thick" for my taste ( for lack of a better description ) .... Your changes thinned out the sound just enough ..., and in combination w/ your IR it sounds really good ....

And I'm still curious about your IR :wink: ?

I loaded that up last night and gave it a spin. It's a really nice sound !

What cabinet / speaker combination is it ?

And ..., the 'waveform' in the CAB block looks very "interesting" .... Any details that you're prepared to share yet ?

the IR was made using tonematch. what i did was use several cabinets plus 3 eq's until i liked what i heard, then i put tonematch behind all of that and matched the tone. All I did was export the tonematch as an IR. frees up cabinets, eq's and cpu that way. it also provides me with a cabinet that i really like and can use as a base to start other presets.

And yeah, I did monkey with the amp block. some of the ideas weren't mine though. I borrowed some ideas from another preset that someone else made a year or so ago. I don't know who made the preset. some guy asked me to match the tone of that preset on a headrush pedal I believe. I liked what the preset was doing to thin out the Friedman amp so i borrowed the ideas. hopefully it sounds and feels good for you too.

Hello @ Singtall, I’ve been watching to purchase your preset packs for a while now but then I bought an Axe III.. so any ideas when you’ll have them out for the III? Thx!

Hello @ Singtall, I’ve been watching to purchase your preset packs for a while now but then I bought an Axe III.. so any ideas when you’ll have them out for the III? Thx!

I'm still working on it. I may have to release smaller packs than usual. the issue I'm having is that i go through say 90 presets and tweak everything to sound right, then a new firmware release completely changes some of the presets and I have to go through them all again scene by scene to make changes. very time consuming....plus I just started my own line of guitars which is eating up a bunch of time too. I think I may do smaller packs of maybe 5-10 presets at a time so that I can actually release something soon. I won't be doing free updates of those presets for the next few years or firmware updates though. I find that when you have the tone you are looking for and everything is working great then you probably shouldn't update unless absolutely necessary. I made the mistake of switching from axe-fx II to the III in the middle of recording a cd and struggled to get my tone back. at the time, fractool wasn't perfectly translating presets and the tonal differences were huge on many many of my presets. even though fractool is doing a great job right now the small tonal differences are still there because the platforms are different. long answer, I know. lol

Thx for the response! Even if not perfectly identical, once you have gone though the bulk of the effort to convert your presets to the III I feel that users can do their part and tweak to their taste as well!

Keep up the good work! I’ll definitely encourage you with a purchase!

Cheers,
Joce

Back
Top Bottom