Single coil to humbucker advice

Wildwind

Experienced
I realize I will probably have to write patches for my two humbucker guitars.

But is there some trick I can use in the meantime to facilitate both types? Right now my hum guitars sound pretty awful, though I'm almost always using one of my Strats or Tele, so not a big deal. Yet.

My HD500 had an input pad switch that sort of did the trick, but changing the I/O on the Axe II doesn't seem to accomplish the same thing. The HD's switch wasn't ideal, but it wasn't bad.

Thanks - Greg

For input volume adjustment you could us a null filter and adjust the gain to match guitars.

If you are looking for more than just the usual volume difference compensation, you could try making an IR of the difference between your single coil guitar and your hum bucking guitar. I haven't tried this, but I would think you could stick a TM block at the beginning of the grid and do a TM of the difference between both guitars. Bypass when you use the "reference" guitar, activate when you use the "local" guitar. Just an idea...

I tried a couple of things. I'm sure with experience I'll get better, but it seems I just need to re-edit patches and save them for the hum-equipped guitars. The Axe is so much more musical than the HD that the tonal differences are way more obvious, and a mere volume adjustment does not give me my best tones.

Back
Top Bottom