Single box bass DI/comp?

Dendrite

Inspired
I'm looking for a single floor unit that is a preamp, compressor, and DI. I found one (Eden WTDI) that looks to be in the right ball park, but I have pretty limited experience with this type of setup for bass. Don't need OD or really any significant effects on it.
The AX8 can do what I need, but I'm looking at leaving this box on stage for others to use. I am most certainly not leaving my AX8 in this situation.
Anyone have any suggestions?

How much do you want to spend?

If you google search "bass preamp, compressor, D.I." you'll find a number of options across many price points. Electro-Harmonix Battalion and Bass Metaphors, GK Plex, Trace Elliot Transit B, Modtone Bass XL, ISP Technologies Beta Bass, Tech 21 Bass Fly Rig, etc. Then, of course, there are a number of modeler/multi-fx with XLR outputs that can act as the same thing: ZOOM B3 (discontinued), older Boss stuff, Line 6, and the big boys (AxeFx/AX8, Helix, Kemper).

I think the bigger issue for using (bass) multi-fx/modelers for use as a stage D.I./preamp is more the fact that many of the recent offerings don't include an XLR output. Otherwise, there are a bunch more options if you don't mind also carrying around a decent quality garden variety D.I. box. The new Zoom B3n and the Boss GT-1B come to mind immediately for bass, among others.

Thanks for that! I had seen some of those in past searches, but had read various concerns about them (likely standard internet goofiness), and was familiar with eden, so felt it to be trustworthy.
Price wise, lower is better. Again it’s to be a shared box, and those on occasion tend to walk away... so I don’t want a lot of money tied up there. A used eden on reverb was like $85, so seems to be appropriate bang/buck.
But I’ll certainly take ideas :)

This is so good it's crzy

http://nobleamps.com/preamps/

you would need a comp pedal too though like this: http://www.aguilaramp.com/products_tlc_compressor.htm

Not only is the sound of the Noble great, it can be used as power supply for other pedals. Really well thought out piece of kit.

Very cool, but I don't know if the OP would want to leave this kicking around on stage as a courtesy for others to use. I know I wouldn't.
But he!! yeah, that's good stuff.

Noble def looks nice. But yeah... that would go home with me every time, so not the solution for this particular problem.

Back
Top Bottom