"Singing" lead tone and Supersonic burn channel tone

Wildwind

Experienced
I've had or played amps that did this well. Not sure to describe it - where it sort of feeds back when you hold a note. I used to get this with the Trainwreck model in FW 6.02 (mine was delivered with that long ago), but not any longer (no doubt I'm missing a trick).

Is there a way to do this or best amp model to use?

Also, I love the Fender Supersonic burn channel. What comes closest on the Axe?

I'm curious, did your monitoring setup change during that time. Meaning, your speakers proximity to your pickups? Or did you maybe play at a louder volume back then?

No changes. Was even getting it on the gig with Bose in-ears (the $100 ones) and Aviom, not an amp or cab in sight. No volume changes either. But I do understand why you're asking.

For a singing lead tone, I've had success with the Shiva Lead, USA Lead II+ Bright, and the Euro Red Modern, usually with a tube screamer up front with no/very low gain and a bit of a level boost. The correct cab can make a huge difference. The new "Pre Rola" IR present that Cliff posted recently is great for this. On all three amp models try using playing with the input gain and overdrive, starting with low amounts and slowly working up until it sparkles. Too much gain or overdrive can make it get tubby or fizzy really quickly.

depends on what you like really... anything from the high 600's to the low 900's should put you in the ballpark.

I the manual, Cliff was kind enough to include the 7 dwarfs of tone... equally funny and useful if you get a chance to dig it up (it's way in the back).

I the manual, Cliff was kind enough to include the 7 dwarfs of tone... equally funny and useful if you get a chance to dig it up (it's way in the back).

I believe it's on page 182 in the v14.00 manual ....

Back
Top Bottom