Since no one will directly ask Cliff about potential new FW...

Not sure what you mean by Axe 1, if you mean the standards and ultras I think it was stopped because Axe FX 2 was released, which was a big redesign.

If you mean Axe FX 2s, mk1 and mk2, then they removed legacy modelling which freed up a bit of space, so they got the last few versions of FW.

I meant standard and ultra.

Those units were amble to hold more than one firmware version not that long ago. I think there's still plenty of space, since that feature was removed.
For the record, they used to hold multiple versions of amp modeling, not multiple firmware versions. No Fractal gear has ever been able to run multiple firmware versions simultaneously.

So any MK1/II owners, like myself, have a nagging fear of seeing an announcement of a great new firmware, Q9 or whatever, with some awesome features, only to see its for XL/+ only ?

It might happen but at the same time I feel by the time it does an Axe-Fx 3 is on the horizon. The XL models have more memory but otherwise aren't any more powerful.

...and the fact that the Standard and Ultra were running out of memory to grow into.
The definition of obsolete. I didn't feel it necessary to get into the gory details of something that happened more than half a decade ago (before my time), but basically this.

When we thinking we will see this update? Days? Weeks? Months? Years?

REALLY looking forward to that B7K!!

...and the only thing I'm looking more forward to is a fix for the misery-inducing Axe-Edit bug...

Fingers crossed for a Victory amp or two, too!!!

The B7K is a welcome surprise! We’re about to start building our new home and it is on the list to sell. Now, I just need to keep my NG2 of the list. .........unless Cliff can figure out how to “Fractalize” that too!?

Last edited:
Let's put it like this the Ultra went til v11...quantum 8 is what v27?

Is what it is. However the 5 month of time outs are pretty much what renders the box fairly useless to my work flow.

When we thinking we will see this update? Days? Weeks? Months? Years?

REALLY looking forward to that B7K!!

...and the only thing I'm looking more forward to is a fix for the misery-inducing Axe-Edit bug...

Fingers crossed for a Victory amp or two, too!!!

Soon.

post-19715-Brent-Rambo-gif-thumbs-up-imgu-L3yP.gif

Impatiently holding my breath for:
Polyphonic capabilities, Formant and something similar to the Plus Pedal Sustainer; any or all would be fantastic. If not I'm still looking forward to an effects based update. This little black box contradicts the old adage that expensive gear doesn't take an avereage player to a great player, it absolutely does because it makes me want to play everyday. Thanks for the focus on continuous improvement and really looking forward to this particular update.

Just saw the comments on this thread, thrilled to finally be getting the B7K, look forward to doing an A/B comparison with my B7K Ultra pedal and potentially replacing it on the rack shelf with a new pedal. Can't wait to find out what else this next firmware contains.

Back
Top Bottom