Since no one will directly ask Cliff about potential new FW...

Maybe so, but I think this is a message of intent from Cliff to show that he's looking to improve the effects in the same way as we've seen massive improvements to the amp models in recent FW.

The only thing I could hope for with an update is the Axe-Edit bug to go the way of the dodo bird. I bought the Axe-FX II SPECIFICALLY to go back to recording over USB, and now the thing craps the bed on me every two minutes. lolol Super annoying. :p

Absolutely adore the thing, though. It's the Ferrari of guitar gear...

I don't have a go to bass setup yet, kemo sabe. Trying to figure it out. Just got an el cheapo short scale bass that really does feel good in hand, but aside from a few patched copped from Axe-Change, I'm wandering around in the dark.

I just use the SVT block with some drive in front for when things get nasty. Want me to share my presets or make you a starter preset, lemme know, motivator.

While waiting for the goodies to arrive at fractal-HQ, maybe cliff will look into some formant shift, like on the kemper? :)

I'd never heard of this so had to look it up. It IS VERY cool!! Would love to see this, indeed!!

Omg I'm so excited. Lol. I just bought a Dingwall today too. It's like better than Christmas

Mmm...Dingwall...been thinking about getting one, myself...

I wonder if we'll get any Victory Amps with this update? I think Cliff said the Kraken was on the to-do list, and he had the schematic from the Victory guys...

A Kraken and/or Red Dwarf would be A-FRIGGIN-MAZIN'!!!

Oh, and...I'm BEYOND amped (pun intended) to see the B7K inbound...that's SUCH a cool pedal. Wanted one a while back...came across a B5K for a good price so I grabbed it...had it for a bit and wasn't impressed so I sold it. Shoulda just got the 7 from the start. lol

The only thing I could hope for with an update is the Axe-Edit bug to go the way of the dodo bird. I bought the Axe-FX II SPECIFICALLY to go back to recording over USB, and now the thing craps the bed on me every two minutes. lolol Super annoying. :p

What bug? The only problem I've ever had with Axe-Edit in 5 years was self-induced - wherein I had Fractal-Bot open and tried to use Axe-Edit. That's a MIDI no-go. Fractal-Bot easily wins that arm-wrestling match every time.

What bug? The only problem I've ever had with Axe-Edit in 5 years was self-induced - wherein I had Fractal-Bot open and tried to use Axe-Edit. That's a MIDI no-go. Fractal-Bot easily wins that arm-wrestling match every time.

I'm also intrigued as to the Axe edit bug. I've been using the software from my "day one" and never had an issue. What is the problem?

Axe-Edit loses communication and refuses to work anymore until the Axe-FX is rebooted. HUGE pain for me as, every time I turn the Axe-FX off, I have to switch my audio device settings to keep my mixer software from freaking out...that means every time Axe-Edit decides to throw a fit, I have to stop the Axe-Edit process in task manager, change audio device, turn the Axe-FX off, wait a couple seconds, turn it back on, switch audio device back, then start Axe-Edit back up.

I don't think it affects everyone, and there are workarounds to avoid it, but yea...it's a pain. lol

Here's some more info if you're interested - https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/communication-timeout-problem-with-q-8.129915/

It affects Q8 only, as far as I know.

upload_2017-8-17_8-24-19-png.41359

Are you USB connecting through a USB hub? It's always a good idea to go direct to a port on your computer.
If it's a windows PC you need to stop the USB power saving shut downs. That's a big problem for gamers too.

Are you USB connecting through a USB hub? It's always a good idea to go direct to a port on your computer.
If it's a windows PC you need to stop the USB power saving shut downs. That's a big problem for gamers too.
Cliff has already stated they identified the bug... It's been talked about a fair amount since 8.02 was released. A good number of people are affected, and I would expect it isn't a simple user issue if Cliff says it's a bug.

It does seem interesting that it affects only certain users, but that is often the case with bugs.

I've had this issue since fw 16 4 years ago, so I don't think it only has to do with q8..!

Cliff has already stated they identified the bug... It's been talked about a fair amount since 8.02 was released. A good number of people are affected, and I would expect it isn't a simple user issue if Cliff says it's a bug.

It does seem interesting that it affects only certain users, but that is often the case with bugs.

I got you on that but since Cliff didn't specify what the bug was and our guy said there was workarounds and that it seems to affect only a portion of the population, that it might be hardware related (as in the Axe-Edit software has an issue handling data in certain hardware environments) I was trying to be helpful.

I got you on that but since Cliff didn't specify what the bug was and our guy said there was workarounds and that it seems to affect only a portion of the population, that it might be hardware related (as in the Axe-Edit software has an issue handling data in certain hardware environments) I was trying to be helpful.
From what I've read, the only real workaround is not running FW 8.02 :(

I've had this issue since fw 16 4 years ago, so I don't think it only has to do with q8..!
In your case I'd be much more inclined to think it might be something more specific to your hardware or workflow. Otherwise, we would expect many people to have it.

But here's to hoping your issue is related and will also be fixed! :D

Back
Top Bottom