Since no one will directly ask Cliff about potential new FW...

Very excited to see those 2 offerings. Also would be nice if it's at all possible to get the formant pitch shifting (if it's doable even).

My biggest issue (and perhaps I should start a thread on this) is that I can't seem to tame the attack of the pick. It's been this way since the beginning to some extent but some firmware's have been better than others. I've played with the pick dynamics an all that, tried everything. Just would like it if Cliff could look into the attack of the notes themselves. It's the only thing that hasn't been really addressed and it's starting to bother me. It seems too dynamic if that makes sense. Adding compression just makes everything even worse it seems. The volume of the actual attack is louder than the rest of the note by a lot compared to other modelers and many tube amps. This can be good for rhythym guitar djent and chug-chug but it takes away from other styles of music. Not sure how to explain it but tube amps seem a little softer in the attack and it's one way I've always been able to tell the difference between the AxeFx and a tube amp.
Have you tried playing with motor drive and speaker drive parameters? I had the same issue some time ago and solved it this way

I am really excited about the DMM, it is my all time favorite delay. Will you add extended delay times like with the newer DMM 1100 or will it be limited to 550?

Is that the one Edge uses in U2? I couldn't remember.

I'm pretty sure he used/uses this delay http://www.uaudio.com/uad-plugins/delay-modulation/korg-sdd-3000-digital-delay.html

I would love to see this delay in the Axe. It sounds amazing. But, I'll post it in the wish list where it belongs. :)

korg_sdd_3000_digital_delay_carousel.jpg

I am pretty sure, The Edge has used almost every delay unit ever produced. At least, he has used both TC 2290, DMM, the SDD (we have the preamp already, the rest is just a straight up digital delay), and also the Line 6 Delay (the 4 button green one)

Now he just uses AxeFX (and we have that in our units, I think)

I wonder if we'll get any Victory Amps with this update? I think Cliff said the Kraken was on the to-do list, and he had the schematic from the Victory guys...

I am pretty sure, The Edge has used almost every delay unit ever produced. At least, he has used both TC 2290, DMM, the SDD (we have the preamp already, the rest is just a straight up digital delay), and also the Line 6 Delay (the 4 button green one)

Now he just uses AxeFX (and we have that in our units, I think)

I just realized I was thinking of Roger Gilmour, not the Edge. :)

Just want to say it's

Just want to say that regardless of the update/s it's still amazing that you can address the owner directly and actually get a reply back from him! Thanks Cliff.
I think most of us know Cliff is the best at customer service, product design and keeping us all hooked. Hook, line and sinker! Now reel us all in!

the preamp from this unit is also where we get one of the best drive blocks in the unit, and was also a huge part of the Edge's sound....
I love that drive model. It works sooooo well to enhance any kind of edge of break up tone clean tone.

Well, if we're waxing rhetorically about what we would like to have, I don't need more amps, I never use 99% of them anyway. Although I can understand it if bass players get some lovin' instead. But pedals.....

A new Big Muff would be great, preferably the Violet Ram, which I think is one of the best. Maybe the IC version for Pumpkins fans as well?Or maybe even best of all some Skreddy Muffs? P19 or a Mayonaise? Gotta have the Lunar Module. Or some Devi Ever stuff for a sick sounding fuzz? A MI Crunchbox would be nice as well. Some Wampler stuff perhaps? A Small Stone or Mutron II phaser perhaps? And of course the Electric Mistress flanger.

Can certainly see why this stuff rubs people up the wrong way.

There's a tonne of pedals I'd like to see but realistically, I think we just need to be happy that Cliff felt the need to share those two nuggets of information with us, he didn't have to.

As for Skreddy and Wampler, I honestly don't think they're going to be on the radar, at least not in the near future...look at the types of effects that are modelled currently, they just don't fit the criteria.

For the Crunchbox, would using one of the Marshall amps as a preamp into your regular clean amp be ok for your needs? The amps would be better than the Crunchbox, IMO.

Bummer... I was hoping for some 'holy crap' type improvements to existing effects like we've been getting for the amps. I'd add my vote to the wish for pitch shifting improvements. Oh well...can't please everyone, and Cliff is the boss. Still loving the units. :)

Frankly, I'd also love to see a 'lower res' mode for the AX8 so we can run more effects, dual amps, faster switching for when we don't need pristine modeling. My guess is that even a Fractal low res mode would still compete favorably with Helix. It would also let me approximate more of my XL+ patches on my AX8 for portability.

RR

Back
Top Bottom