Since no one will directly ask Cliff about potential new FW...

Very excited to see those 2 offerings. Also would be nice if it's at all possible to get the formant pitch shifting (if it's doable even).

My biggest issue (and perhaps I should start a thread on this) is that I can't seem to tame the attack of the pick. It's been this way since the beginning to some extent but some firmware's have been better than others. I've played with the pick dynamics an all that, tried everything. Just would like it if Cliff could look into the attack of the notes themselves. It's the only thing that hasn't been really addressed and it's starting to bother me. It seems too dynamic if that makes sense. Adding compression just makes everything even worse it seems. The volume of the actual attack is louder than the rest of the note by a lot compared to other modelers and many tube amps. This can be good for rhythym guitar djent and chug-chug but it takes away from other styles of music. Not sure how to explain it but tube amps seem a little softer in the attack and it's one way I've always been able to tell the difference between the AxeFx and a tube amp.

I know this is the Axe-FX II forum but I'd love to see some of the UX requests implemented for the AX8 as well.

The current firmware is excellent and much more than I'd ever need but I'd welcome any additional flexibility reg. foot-switch assignments so I can use its full potential while playing live. At the moment I've been relying on additional external switches / midi controllers.

Last edited:
Wow! Effect updates! I bet this will be an epic firmware. Thank you so much.

What about any particular Big Muff versions? I know we already have one model (the newest USA model) and know the fact that you can tweak it. Not asking about all the gazillion vintage models with ultra rare chips and bells and whistles, but even just one vintage muff just for the sake of having it there instantly. Thanks :rolleyes:

And Sunn amps? Are they on their way? I'm way too curious and excited... :D

Last edited:
Anybody heard/seen anything about new firmware version? It's been a while and longing for the errors in Q8.02 to be corrected (actually way back from 6.00).o_O

I'm curious if there will be a jillion models of fhe b7k with each mode, or if the model controls can be revamped or something, so we can have specific controls for some amps.

Like at the moment, there are different models for different modes on some amps, like the CCV and IIC+. It would be cool if those could be slimmed down to two or three (how ever many channels each has) models, but with those specific special controls available.

It's an entitled-sounding nitpick, but I wish I could just switch to the vintage or modern mode on the Rectos without having to switch the amp model, and redo all my settings.

Omg I'm so excited. Lol. I just bought a Dingwall today too. It's like better than Christmas

Very excited to see those 2 offerings. Also would be nice if it's at all possible to get the formant pitch shifting (if it's doable even).

My biggest issue (and perhaps I should start a thread on this) is that I can't seem to tame the attack of the pick. It's been this way since the beginning to some extent but some firmware's have been better than others. I've played with the pick dynamics an all that, tried everything. Just would like it if Cliff could look into the attack of the notes themselves. It's the only thing that hasn't been really addressed and it's starting to bother me. It seems too dynamic if that makes sense. Adding compression just makes everything even worse it seems. The volume of the actual attack is louder than the rest of the note by a lot compared to other modelers and many tube amps. This can be good for rhythym guitar djent and chug-chug but it takes away from other styles of music. Not sure how to explain it but tube amps seem a little softer in the attack and it's one way I've always been able to tell the difference between the AxeFx and a tube amp.

Try and lower the harmonic parameter in the amp block. I find that some amps default at high values and that is actually makes the pick attack quite strong.

If I could think of anything to improve, that would be the bass response, which I find unnaturally boomy in some models / tone stacks, and the interaction between amp block and drive block for a more open / natural crunch!

Back
Top Bottom