Simultaneously Channel-switching up to 4 blocks without scenes-using

tobalifant

Small nice idea for switching f.e. channels of up to 4 blocks with one switch - without scenes-using ;-)

Here is the trick, that I use:
I send via controllswitch (CS - momentary) up to 4 MIDI-CCs to the axefx itself by connecting MIDI IN with MIDI OUT.

But first of all you have to setup the CC for the blocks (effects), channels and scenes etc. in your axefx 3. Choose a free MIDI-Channel (per default 1)

Than you can feed the CS with up to 4 MIDI-CC with every command you want - I did this for channel-changing for 4 Blocks like AMP1 with CAP1 and AMP2 with CAP2 with one switch!
Example for a Channel-A-switch for amp1 and cap 1:
CC - 1 - 100 - 0 - 0 = amp1 switch to channel A
CC - 1 - 101 - 0 - 0 = amp2 switch to channel A
CC - 1 - 102 - 0 - 0 = cap1 switch to channel A
CC - 1 - 103 - 0 - 0 = cap2 switch to channel A

first CS-row:
CC = MIDI command
1 = MIDI-Channel
100 = my chosen CC-Number für Amp1-Channel
0 = Channel A
0 = (nothing to change)

second CS-row:
CC = MIDI command
1 = MIDI-Channel
102 = my chosen CC-Number für Cap1-Channel
0 = Channel A
0 = (nothing to change)

and so on...

For channel B you can choose a new CS and set the CC-Channel-row to 1, if you setup this nummer to channel B...
first CS-row:
CC = MIDI command
1 = MIDI-Channel
100 = my chosen CC-Number für Amp1-Channel
1 = Channel B
0 = not necessary

So, you can get creativ - you have 4 rows at each CS. You can put there f.e. 4-Block-bypassing, 4 different Channel-switching, 1-block-bypassing-2 Channel-switching-1-block-acvtivating-thing etc...

Important is, to setup correct your MIDI Bypass-, Channles-, Scenes-CCs etc...

...some things to know:
the CS don't change the led-brightness by switching (because of momentary)
the IN-OUT-MIDI-Ports are busy - but you can use MIDI-thru for further MIDI-devices (but then with another MIDI-channel than the axefx!)

I hope this is helpful - and sry for my rough english - Cheers

Last edited:
Yes, Sir ;-) - I use it for switching simultaneously amps and caps with one step, like amp1-A/cap-1A to amp1-B/cap1-B etc.
And there are two slots left, so you can additionally switch drives or amp2/cap2-things etc. This can be a great problem-solver for players, who want switch more than one channel or effekt with one step without using scenes...

Back
Top Bottom