Simulating double tracked guitars

Gday phil -
Yes there are a few ways - either with a modulated fast delay, or a chorus set real slow.
There was a thread about this a year or so ago - do a search for "double track" and see what pops up.
Thanks
Pauly

Is there a way to simulate double tracked guitars with one guitar?

Phil.

Try this,
Pitch after Cab, set to Detune, Voice 1 +11% and 10ms, voice 2 -11% and 20ms, voices panned L/R, set Mix to taste, stereo out.

Got that from a very reputable source on
the forum.

Longer delay times can make the effect more prominent too. Under around 25 ms or so we hear one sound that's smeared together (like Chorus). Above 25 ms or so we start to hear two separate sounds (like slapback echo). Panning adds to the separation too.

I have had great results with the TC Electronic mimiq pedal, I plug my guitar into input of pedal and use stereo outs into rear stereo input of Axe fx 2.
I use 2 amps and cabs and set each amp and cab to left and right.

Yeah but make sure it's not an "old" thread because for some odd reason certain guys will razz you for that. Try why I said earlier a little panning/delay and a pitch block is really all u need to do. It helps if everything is set to stereo too
Perhaps some would rather reinvent the wheel?

I was curious too but That's way beyond my realm of understanding:(
A video tutorial would be awesome!!!!!
I see what is being done there, but if you read through the HAAS VIDEO thread, I kind of explain how I take the HAAS one/two steps further and attach the Delay time to an envelope tied to your input volume, kind of the same way you would an Envelope Filter Wah. So you would get a more natural variance in the off timing of the “second guitarist” instead of a constant say, 30ms or whatever you set it at. So you set the min/max for 30ms to 45ms. And then you can do the same thing with a detune pitch shift, so instead of having just a +/-10cent detune you have one that varies tied to the Envelope between say +\-3to10.
And then ya just have to set the sensitivity of the Envelope and how ya want it to respond & ya got yourself a second virtual guitar player! Well at least it adds a bit more of what would happen in real life with another take or second guy playing ever so slightly varying in & out of time & pitch.

Last edited:
I have had great results with the TC Electronic mimiq pedal, I plug my guitar into input of pedal and use stereo outs into rear stereo input of Axe fx 2.
I use 2 amps and cabs and set each amp and cab to left and right.

Yep, same here. The Mimiq is an awesome pedal for not a lot of money. When actually using two "real
amps, I pair mine with a Radial Engineering Big Shot ABY pedal that has a ground lift, isolation transformer and polarity 180 built into it. Great effect!

Yep, same here. The Mimiq is an awesome pedal for not a lot of money. When actually using two "real
amps, I pair mine with a Radial Engineering Big Shot ABY pedal that has a ground lift, isolation transformer and polarity 180 built into it. Great effect!
Doesn't that cause phase issues?

Back
Top Bottom