Simplest setup to stream online a backing track + axe-fx guitar?

Godam

Hello experts,

I'm looking for an instruction to enable the following:
- When using a video conferencing tool (Skype, Teams, Zoom, etc.) I want to play a song along with a backing track (e.g. from youtube)
- At this point I only have Win10 PC and Axe-Fx

I learnt how to switch mic option in the conferencing tool to the line input of Axe. Also found how to aggregate a mic and axe. But I'm struggling to understand how to add a backing track to this.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

So I managed something in Zoom:

• Used "screen share" with "share computer sound" option or "advanced -> share computer audio only" and managed to get a recording of this meeting (I was alone on the meeting for test purpose)
  • The recording contained both the youtube backing track and also the output of Axe-Fx
  • But on the recoding I definitely hear a lag between two audio sources: probably the axe-fx audio is a bit behind

Does anybody know how to avoid the lag? I did not test with a live person, but I guess the recoding represents what they should hear and see.

You should check out Larry Mitchell's live stream on Tuesday nights. 9pm est. You can get some ideas from watching and he answers questions there or you can tag him with your questions here on the forum. @Larry Mitchell

https://m.youtube.com/c/LarryMitchellmusic/videos?disable_polymer=true&itct=CBIQ8JMBGAEiEwizqvCvivLtAhX4QEwIHQDTDkw=

Thanks for the suggestion!

I'm also thinking that to avoid the lag, I should combine the backing track with the guitar inside the Axe. Is it possible to input the backing track as another Input in the Axe and route it to the same Output 1 as the guitar?

Back
Top Bottom