Simplest, lightest and cheapest footswitch solution for AXE-FX

ozanerkal

Inspired
Well I have a Line6 POD HD500 (4.8 kg) which can be used as a MIDI controller with my Axe-Fx XL and works perfect with the right settings. But it's big and heavy. So I didn't want to carry it for gigs after trying that for once. (Especially when all i do with it is switch presets.. )

Then I realized the pedal inputs and thought i could get two simple amp footswitches, use one for preset decrease and the other for increase.

But because this would only be a temporary solution until I found the perfect (lightweight, battery powered-no power cables around and affordable) MIDI controller as the ultimate solution, I didn't want to spend much on a simple footswitch.

So I bought two wall type electrical switches (momentary type) from a hardware store (2 x $4 = $8) and did the cabling with my existing cables. Voila!

Compared to the BOSS solution which costs around $80 here in Turkey, i think it's pretty reasonable and recommendable.. :)

here's what it looks like..

Graphic2.jpg

I like low budget work arounds. maybe with a couple house light dimmers you could build a exp pedal. I put a trs jack in one of my guitars(and built a special cable) to control some axe functions like drive(through a switch jack) with the tone pot I never used. of course my mention of this did not go far some here look up at thrifty.

When using the pod for pedal how many times did people want to know how you got that tone? I got that a lot until I got a fcb. It did work really well though I used an empty bank in the pod and named all the presets to match the axe but when I went to fcb I had trouble getting use to 5 presets per bank instead of 4.

Back
Top Bottom