Simple tone question - Man, I Feel Like a Woman

Tplesko

Inspired
I know, a girl pop tune but I’m in a female fronted group that wants to do it and it draws a dance flor every time it seems Cool thing is I’m using pitch block UP a half step (it’s in Bb) which is a bit different.

Question - the signature opening riff. Sounds like a guitar with maybe some synth or even a horn? Any thoughts on getting close to it? Any ideas?

Thx in advance!

The video won't play for me, but I can hear that song in my head, and I always thought there was a fiddle along with the opening riff of that song.

Yes that could be it. Maybe a gained up electric fiddle. Any thoughts on how to recreate that tone? Thanks for commenting

it's definitely a fiddle and who knows what else...Mutt Lange is (in)famous for a ridiculous amount of tracks/stacking/studio tricks. I'd worry less about trying to recreate that exact sound (which will be near impossible with one guitar) and just nail the riff. you might get some interesting results with the pitch block but it's not going to sound like the track

I know, a girl pop tune but I’m in a female fronted group that wants to do it and it draws a dance flor every time it seems Cool thing is I’m using pitch block UP a half step (it’s in Bb) which is a bit different.

Question - the signature opening riff. Sounds like a guitar with maybe some synth or even a horn? Any thoughts on getting close to it? Any ideas?

Thx in advance!

Check your email...;)

I'd use a capo, or just play it in 'A'?

Last edited:
I don't get how you can hear a fiddle in that signature riff in the video. I hear a guitar and a synth. I even nerded out completely and checked the different mixes of the album. I still hear mainly a synth with some guitar tucked in there. There is some fiddle on the "original country LP version" though, but there is still a healthy amount of synth even on that version.

Last edited:
We also play this song since a couple of years in origianl tuen Bb - I play it with powerchord Bb first fret, doing the riff single notes with my little finger - no need for capo or pitch. I use the DC 30 amp.

The riff in the verse plays our keyboarder with guitarsound, I play the funky Guitar.

Back
Top Bottom