Simple tip for Recto tones

have you by chance ever turned variac up to 150% ? the rectos become SLOs, and as far as I know there is not one single component difference bw dual and triple rec other than the extra power section headroom, being recto 2 is a multi watt dual a multi watt triple rec is one knob away from recto 2
I’ll have to try that sometime. The Recto 2 is a Multi-Watt? I thought it was a Solo Head. It’ll be fun to poke around a bit and how close they can get.

I’ll have to try that sometime. The Recto 2 is a Multi-Watt? I thought it was a Solo Head. It’ll be fun to poke around a bit and how close they can get.

The current Recto 2 is a 'mid 2010s' model, it's a multi-watt reborn. FAS says they have a solo head but haven't modeled it. As good as recto 1 is I'm hoping for at some point the rest of the meat and potatoes of the recto line makes it in, tremoverb, single rec, dual rec solo head. Dual rec solo head is the sound of an entire decade of electric guitar, recto 1 is the decade prior

Here's a comparison of our reference mid-2010s Dual Rectifier vs. the model. Channel 3 Red Modern. All pots on the amp at 5 (noon) except MV which is around 4. Adjusted the model's MV so the Tone Match monitor display was flat which was also around 4. Had to increase the model's bass to 6 to match the amp which means our amp's bass knob is a little above nominal.

Clip order is:
Axe-Fx
Amp
Axe-Fx w/ Tone Match

www.fractalaudio.com/tmp/recto_test.mp3

Lets just get the new Recto Badlander in the box, It takes care of most if not all flub

it takes the potential for flub out at the front, it has built in 'green' silicon overdrive, hair+highpass filter. same as turning on a 808 boost on one of the recto models and using EL34 tubes. does badlander use negative feedback? recto modern models are a lot of fun boosted with negative feedback turned up, like racing a golf cart, a lot less dangerous and harder to kill yourself if you go 0.0003 too much on master volume or bass

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom