Simple Switch Effects, Any Experience?

AndrewJay

Inspired
I was thinking of getting a very simple and compact controller to use with my FC-6 to just scroll up or down through scenes. Upon my research I found this: https://reverb.com/item/19976581-si...x-stomp-line-6-source-audio-eventide-and-more I have never heard of this company and while it is low risk, I figured I'd ask if anybody has any experience with them. At some point I may just pull the trigger on it and see. Even if I don't though, I hope that this helps anyone looking for something similar.

The Mosky Dual switch will work nicely for that, has the TRS jack you need to run one cable to one switch jack on the FC6, and is even more inexpensive. The Simple Switches SS-2 looks to be more or less the same as the Mosky, too, and similarly inexpensive....

The Mosky Dual switch will work nicely for that, has the TRS jack you need to run one cable to one switch jack on the FC6, and is even more inexpensive. The Simple Switches SS-2 looks to be more or less the same as the Mosky, too, and similarly inexpensive....
Thank you for the suggestion. They seem to be, for all intents and purposes, the same. I don't get, so it's not going to see abuse. It seems you can't go wrong with either one.
I also saw this https://saturnworkspedals.com/product/amp-device-switches/ it was suggested by another forum user on a different thread.

Thank you for the suggestion. They seem to be, for all intents and purposes, the same. I don't get, so it's not going to see abuse. It seems you can't go wrong with either one.
I also saw this https://saturnworkspedals.com/product/amp-device-switches/ it was suggested by another forum user on a different thread.
You likely don't want a latching switch, since the software can turn two subequent momentary clicks into an on/off latching action, but cannot (in its current algorithm) turn single clicks of a latching switch into a momentary action....

You likely don't want a latching switch, since the software can turn two subequent momentary clicks into an on/off latching action, but cannot (in its current algorithm) turn single clicks of a latching switch into a momentary action....
Thank you for the head's up on that. So I'll look into a momentary version of this. I am thinking of having one switch go to the next scene while the other would go to the previous. The hold functions for each might be for presets. Still working out if I really "need" this, but at this price point, it's hard to not give it a try.

Last edited:
Thank you for the head's up on that. So I'll look into a momentary version of this. I am thinking of having one switch go to the next scene while the other would go to the previous. The hold functions for each might be for presets. Still working out if I really "need" this, but at this price point, it's hard to not give it a try.
"Need" is relative. :) Have you seen the multitude of switches adorning my boards? :D

I was thinking of getting a very simple and compact controller to use with my FC-6 to just scroll up or down through scenes. Upon my research I found this: https://reverb.com/item/19976581-si...x-stomp-line-6-source-audio-eventide-and-more I have never heard of this company and while it is low risk, I figured I'd ask if anybody has any experience with them. At some point I may just pull the trigger on it and see. Even if I don't though, I hope that this helps anyone looking for something similar.

I run the HoTone Ampero Switch for ~20 bucks. Programmed to preset+ and preset- on press and tuner and looper on hold with my FM3.

That is a good point. And I haven't, but I will! Always inspirational to check out cool pedalboards.
Here ya go....
0102221019.jpg

That. Is. Amazing!
I have a second ExpressionIO in the way to add more stuff on the FM9 board. Currently setting up the FM9-only version of my presets, and hoping to eliminate the FC6 when using the FM9 alone, so it becomes the dedicated board for the FX3....

I have a second ExpressionIO in the way to add more stuff on the FM9 board. Currently setting up the FM9-only version of my presets, and hoping to eliminate the FC6 when using the FM9 alone, so it becomes the dedicated board for the FX3....
That is definitely an inspiring setup to look at. And I'm sure the functionality of it allows that creativity and productivity to come through.
And yeah, once you finish setting up the FM9 only presets, you'll have one helluva portable rig.

Back
Top Bottom