Simple setup question

fatoni

Inspired
I currently have my axe fx 2 hooked up from my computer to both studio monitors and a clr. The problem I want to avoid is that with this setup is that I have to turn on the axe 2 in order to listen to audio on my computer. Could a simple USB audio interface allow me to keep all that functionality from my new axe fx 3 and allow me to leave it off of I just want to listen to audio?

Yes.
If you use the axe as the audio interface it must be on. If you use another audio interface for computer audio, only that one has to be on.

Yes.
If you use the axe as the audio interface it must be on. If you use another audio interface for computer audio, only that one has to be on.
Thanks. That was my understanding. Any recommendations? I am a little confused on whether an interface will also allow me to use the axe edit or if I'll need to still plug the axe fx directly into a USB port. Thanks a ton!

Thanks. That was my understanding. Any recommendations? I am a little confused on whether an interface will also allow me to use the axe edit or if I'll need to still plug the axe fx directly into a USB port. Thanks a ton!
An audio interface handles audio. It won’t connect to other devices to edit them. That’s not audio.

You still need to plug Axe into computer via USB to use Axe Edit but that doesn’t mean you have to allow the AxeFx to be assigned to playback any audio from DAW or internet browser or any software at all. When recording you can select Axe as an input via USB in your DAW or send an output from Axe to input of your interface and get the audio from Axe into DAW by selecting the channel on interface you plugged Axe into as an input to record.

Back
Top Bottom