Simple recording software

Tahoebrian5

Fractal Fanatic
Im looking for recommendations for a SIMPLE way to get some tracks recorded. I've got FL studio and it's great for a lot of stuff but tracking does not seem to be easy to setup. Really looking for a stripped down tool that is idiot proof. Suggestions are much appreciated. Thx a bunch, B

Edit: I will be using Windows 10, and the XL+

+1 to reaper. Cheap, easy and comes with stock plugins, that will serve you for a long time even if you want to polish your stuff a bit.

Thx a bunch, I will give reaper a shot. That was my original thought but it looks like it's gotten more complicated then I though but maybe I can ignore most of the stuff and keep it simple

If you want to go really simple, you could use something like Adobe Audition. If you're looking for a full-fledged DAW, you're going to run into similar layouts/workflows and levels of complexity you don't need regardless of what you choose. I prefer cubase for a DAW, but to each their own.

I don't think you can beat GarageBand for a simple interface for multi-track recording software, but since you're running Windows I'll put Reason out there as something you find intuitive. It's not the most powerful DAW, but it's got a skeumorphic interface that I think a lot of creative types who like tactile, real world interfaces find easy to navigate.

I ended up going with Reaper and zero regrets. The main reason it has been so easy to get up and running is the huge amount of really well done learning videos on the website. These are probably the best instructional videos I’ve ever come across period!

Back
Top Bottom