Simple question about USB recording

McillateA

So can i record a "dry" take while simultaneously monitoring the 'wet' signal?
Say i want to record an amp plus cab sound without the reverb but play/hear the take with the reverb on. Since it's more flexible to add the reverb later with the plugin or something during mixing.
Also, can this be done with the Axe Fx II XLPlus? I think it can't; you'd have to play and record with the reverb on and then reamp without reverbs, which of course takes more time and isn't the optimal option.

So can i record a "dry" take while simultaneously monitoring the 'wet' signal?
Say i want to record an amp plus cab sound without the reverb but play/hear the take with the reverb on. Since it's more flexible to add the reverb later with the plugin or something during mixing.
Also, can this be done with the Axe Fx II XLPlus? I think it can't; you'd have to play and record with the reverb on and then reamp without reverbs, which of course takes more time and isn't the optimal option.

Yes the AxeFX is pretty flexible that way. You can create an output anywhere you want in the signal chain. In your example you’d put an output before the reverb.

It's possible with the Axe-FX II: set USB/Digi Out Source to Output 2, route pre-reverb signal to FX Loop block.

It's possible with the Axe-FX II: set USB/Digi Out Source to Output 2, route pre-reverb signal to FX Loop block.
With this setup i can monitor the post-reverb signal through headphones while recording the pre-reverb signal through USB on DAW?

I believe if you record via USB that Out 1 will be your full Axe signal and Out 3 will automatically send your dry signal.

Oh dear, didn't realise the FX Loop could be used for this. Thank you for the data.
Is there any reason for me to get the Axe Fx III anymore?
I'm sure this hasn't been asked before; is the III worth the upgrade? Just talking about soundwise/feelwise.

Back
Top Bottom