Simple Parker Guitar repair

Xrocker

Fractal Fanatic
I know there are some Parker players on this forum so I thought I’d share this.

I have some intonation problems in my whammy bars. Just not coming back up to pitch properly. Used to be able to jump up and down on them all night and they would never go out of tune.

Problem is that the studs that the vibrato balance on begin to get some play in them. Constant stress gets them wobbling in the hole through the guitar. Parts are almost impossible to find now.

I removed the tremolo and the studs and sure enough I could grab the studs and rattle them around.
2ABE228A-ACAA-4F3F-B9B0-38CFB404DD7C.jpeg

I used some copper tape used for shielding and stuck it on the stud. Just used enough to make a tight fit.
6AD7F796-7564-4292-A3F0-42C9387095A5.jpeg

Worked perfectly! I can wail on the whammy and it always comes back in perfect tune. Feels like my sustain is back too.

38425F2D-972E-4A53-B5D5-1BC24D5AE233.jpeg

Don’t know how long it will last, but it’s a quick fix. I can always do it again if need be.

What forum? Been a Parker player and forum member for a while. Miss that place.

Hi! What was your Forum name? I was one of the admins for years. I miss it like my mom's place after she passed on! (well, almost ... )
Click on the link above. It'll take you to the new forum and you can register and find old friends there ...

Hi! What was your Forum name? I was one of the admins for years. I miss it like my mom's place after she passed on! (well, almost ... )
Click on the link above. It'll take you to the new forum and you can register and find old friends there ...
Same as here. Musikron. That was a good forum, love my fly classic. One day I’ll land a 7 string fly so I can get through my whole set on nothing but Parkers!

I have a 1998 Parker Fly Classic in mint shape that I'm considering selling. I have the upgraded DiMarzio pickups installed (as well as the Gen. 1 pickups), a brand new circuit board and a repaired, original circuit board as a spare. Anybody interested :cool:??

I have a 1998 Parker Fly Classic in mint shape that I'm considering selling. I have the upgraded DiMarzio pickups installed (as well as the Gen. 1 pickups), a brand new circuit board and a repaired, original circuit board as a spare. Anybody interested :cool:??
Yeah, I might be interested, where are you, and can we see some pics please

Back
Top Bottom