• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Simple midi switcher for FM3 scene changes

Voes MC5 JR - Works a treat, small narrow footprint and does everything you need and more. No display though if you need that? If you OK with working out PC/CC messages and the like (the editor is also easy to use!!) its a breeze and very versatile.

I had one controlling scenes and if I’m totally honest, I don’t really need the FC6 that replaced it….

Fab8040

Inspired
If you want scene changes maybe in a 1 or 2 presets almost every midi pedal can works also woth pc only.. I use my older Yamaha mfc05

Jo-jo

Hot Tipp - daelectronics Mini .A nice guy in Italy. With or without Bluetooth , expression Port and
the possibiliti to do expression Witz a beam.

voes

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
Voes MC5 JR - Works a treat, small narrow footprint and does everything you need and more. No display though if you need that? If you OK with working out PC/CC messages and the like (the editor is also easy to use!!) its a breeze and very versatile.

I had one controlling scenes and if I’m totally honest, I don’t really need the FC6 that replaced it….

mx5-01.jpg

More info on www.voes.be

Intoodeep1113

Inspired
I'd still recommend the FC-6. It's very small and light, and extraordinarily flexible and powerful.
I think the capability of the FC-6 is very impressive, but for having 6 switches, it is not necessarily "small" It doubles the foot print of the FM3. I think it is small if it is stand-alone with the AXE of FM3 on the backline.

I am hoping/wishing (already added to WISH list) that FAS makes a smaller version at some point. The FM3 doesn't necessarily benefit from the main screen on the FC, and there is quite a bit of space on the outside edges that add a lot of bulk. Also on the main back panel, having so many I/O options are cool but redundant when next to the FM3. a Lite version could probably work well with the FASlink I/O and power on the back panel. If you need more, get the regular FC6 or FC12

If FAS doesn't plan to make a smaller companion for the FM3, my second hope/wish is that MIDI communication would be sent from the internal 3 footswitches to the other MIDI devices so the FM3 could be the "master" similar to how it functions with the FC6.

Attached dreamy mock-up! Some stuff may need adjusting, I may have made the side edges too small. The first image is to scale, the 2nd is an estimate.Not Real.pngFM3 Vs Mini 2 NR.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom