"Simple Man" Preset & Video

PRSfreak4

Power User
Hey peeps, for Father's Day 2016 our church did "Simple Man" by Lynyrd Skynyrd a step above the original for our countdown song. Attached is the preset and setup for the following:
Bottom Row
Scene 1 - Intro w/ Chorus
Scene 2 - Prechorus & Postchorus Crunch
Scene 3 - Heavier Chorus Chords
Scene 4 - Solo with a pitch block for small slapback
Upper Row
REV | DRV | DLY | CHO

Hope you enjoy, thanks for checking it out.

http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=4473

Attachments

• Simple Man.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 160
  • Simple Man Template.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
Nice. How you liking the in ear setup? Our church is getting us an in ear setup soon.

Only way to go... Having no amps or stage noise is truly a great way to monitor your mix and control FOH room dynamics. We have a Yamaha CL5 that we can run AirFader on to mix it ourselves on stage with running all Shure in ear gear. It takes some getting used to but is so much nicer than having amps on stage ;)

Are you guys going to be eliminating all amps on stage or at least dampen the volume?

Nicely played and the mix is top notch. Are you running stereo?

Thanks Ian! Yeah I always run stereo into the board. It was interesting when I engaged the Pitch block to add that slapback (Scene 4), it kind of "squished" the sound a little bit even with a Filter boost for the solo. When I played it live it was noticeably louder, but referencing the video and other times I've recorded using that method, it almost decreases overall volume because of the delay parameter just a hint.

Both myself and the other lead guitar have been using Fractal for years but do bring a powered pa speaker to hear ourselves. The church does have monitors on stage now, but that will all go away one we go in ear.

Only way to go... Having no amps or stage noise is truly a great way to monitor your mix and control FOH room dynamics. We have a Yamaha CL5 that we can run AirFader on to mix it ourselves on stage with running all Shure in ear gear. It takes some getting used to but is so much nicer than having amps on stage ;)

Are you guys going to be eliminating all amps on stage or at least dampen the volume?

Cool.....Great job....Is that you with the shorts and green shirt? Just curious, nice to put a face to someone you have posted with on a forum for a while....Thanks for the music....Didn't try the preset yet, too busy with the ambient ones you shared :)

Guitar sounds really good...playing is right there......

Cool.....Great job....Is that you with the shorts and green shirt? Just curious, nice to put a face to someone you have posted with on a forum for a while....Thanks for the music....Didn't try the preset yet, too busy with the ambient ones you shared :)
Guitar sounds really good...playing is right there......

Thanks so much Frank, yes that is I wearing my beach attire since that was our Muskegon, MI RV weekend trip of the summer ;) I left church and went right back out to the beach :sunglasses:

- Will

Back
Top Bottom