AFIII Simple Man - In Memory

Genghis

Power User
I know most posts on here are demoing an amp or effect, and this is all Axe-FX on guitars. I got to use my new pre-owned Ibanez semi-hollow through the Axe-FX III for all guitars. I don't really even remember which amp models I used on the various tracks, but there are a couple of clean guitars, a couple of dirt guitars (VH4 and 5150 III, I think) and a couple of others layered in over the solo.

This is not the type of thing I would usually post here, but this song is in memory of my mom, and this song always makes me think of her. She passed away this last April, just shortly after her younger brother passed.

Since my mom was one who always encouraged me to do what I want with my life, and chase after my crazy dream, I wanted to do something special for her service, but alas, the pressures of real life got in the way and I couldn't do it at the time. I recently started working on this song, and decided I could find no better song to pay tribute to the lady who gave me this life. I hope you all enjoy this. Or to stick with the Skynyrd spirit, should I say Y'all?

That was sweet, brother. Beautifully put together, played and sung from the heart. Your mother must have been an amazing woman.

My own mom will turn 99 on Tuesday. She’s still teaching me things, and I do my best to try to learn her lessons. When the time comes, I hope I remember her as well as you’ve remembered yours.

Thanks Rex. I actually moved back to Oregon in 2016 to look after my mom, and we had almost two years to hang out before her health started to go. It's great to hear that your mom is still around to enjoy and that you are still learning (or at least trying.LOL)

I'm blessed that I was able to move back and go through that with her, and the service we had was something special. One of my best friends for life teaches at Pepperdine, and has worked first as a minister since college. He knew my mom as a second mom, so he was able to come up and do the service like nobody else could. And his mom is kind of like a second mom to me, and I got to see her a couple of months later when Jack came up to do the service for his younger brother's wedding.

Reactions: Rex
Nice tribute song/video! So very sorry for your loss in April. My wife lost her mother back in 2013 and then her father back in February.

Back
Top Bottom