Similar Amp to the DV Mark Triple 6

lucbl3

Hello boys and girls of the forum, i'm proud new owner of the AxeFx II XL. Been waiting to buy an AxeFx for almost 5 years now (money was kind of an issue =/).

But let's go directly to the subject. I'll be recording and playing some Maragold covers with a band. I'd like to know if there's a similar Amp to the DV Mark Triple 6 first channel ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2KPuDcgVdk ) on the list of the AxeFx Sims.
Thanks in advance!

Unfortunately, Italian (as well as German) amps are underrepresented in the AF2 (I have been hoping for a Brunetti Maranello for quite some time but to no avail...). You may have to fall back on other amp simulations. However, I was not able to come into the ballpark of a Maranello and do not have any experience with a Triple 6.

Yeah, it seems to be an issue. Maybe someone with enough knowledge off these amps can point us on the right direction. I remember Cliff saying there's a way of replicating almost any amp out there in the Axe, but how can we do it. By analyzing and comparing their specs?

Enviado de meu GT-I9300 usando Tapatalk

Try the Splawn Nitro or the Bogner Uber models...

& I think I use cab#50 (uber cab) and cab "Taf_Shadow_Mix"

That Spawn Nitrous sim is glorious :) these settings are ballpark for the Splawn Nitro:
Input drive:1.80
Input Trim 5.40
Cut On
Bass 8ish
Mid&treb 10
Master 3.7
Level (-14.5)

Not sure if I messed around with more of the deeper settings, (often I do) & unfortunately I only have a cell connect to the internet right now otherwise I'd send ya the patch..

Hope it helps.

The patch would be very much appreciated - maybe it is possible to load the patch from the PC to the phone and send it from there?
Thank you in advance!

Would ya happen to have a link to a clip to the tone you're shooting for? Or a name of a band/tune?

I can't figure a way to upload the patch any way from an iphone.. However, if you can post a link to the tone ya want & I have somethin close it coukd take pics of all the settings in axe edit & we could go about it that way if ya like.

I just read your original post.. is it the band Maragold the sound you're looking for? I'm not familiar with them but I looked them up on YT.. They have that chick singer & are kinda funky? Kinda Chili Pepper type sound?

If that's the case, scratch the Splawn Nitro! Lol that's way too heavy for what you're looking for.

I was just basing that from what I looked up and read/listened to about the mark triple6 amp.. I was under the impression it was a brutal heavy tone you're looking for as that's what it was designed for.

If it's that funk/Rock tone I'd prob look at the Friedman BE & HBE or JCM 800 or variant

I just read your original post.. is it the band Maragold the sound you're looking for? I'm not familiar with them but I looked them up on YT.. They have that chick singer & are kinda funky? Kinda Chili Pepper type sound?

If that's the case, scratch the Splawn Nitro! Lol that's way too heavy for what you're looking for.

I was just basing that from what I looked up and read/listened to about the mark triple6 amp.. I was under the impression it was a brutal heavy tone you're looking for as that's what it was designed for.

If it's that funk/Rock tone I'd prob look at the Friedman BE & HBE or JCM 800 or variant

Thanks for the complete answer Perdikament. Yes, i've been looking to that funky, crispy and attacky tone Greg Howe has in Maragold, as oposed to the more dark souding tone he gets on his solo albums. I'll take a look at the Friedman and Marshall. Gonna even try to do some Tone Matching to see if i can come up with something.

Yet i'd really like to see a tutorial by Cliff on how to simulate virtually any amp in the world, as he says it's possible with The AxeFx II now!

Yea, I'll say it is, but I've been using modeling gear for years now.. I started with the Boss GT6, then the GT8, the 10 & GT100 and I had the original AXE FX.. So I've been saying that for YEARS.

What Cliff has done with this Axe FX2 now is remarkable.. I just installed the 15b firmware this morning & have been tinkering around with it for the last 2 hours or so. Incredible!

This unit is a blessing.

Did you install 15b yet?

Back
Top Bottom