Silverface Patch thread

Jens

Power User
Hi Guys,

I got a few requests to post my AX8 patch on this and a few other videos.

Since it is a work in progress I'll just update this thread once in a while.

Here's the current version recorded yesterday:

I've only had my AX8 for two weeks so this works well, but I still need to fine tune a lot of stuff especially with the OD pedals.

The Cab is the Jay Mitchell Mystery Cab, but it also sounds great with the Factory 1x12 Open (JM) cab.

Hope you like it and let me know what you think!

Jens

Attachments

• SilverFace 20160706.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 494
Thank you guys!

I will probably post an update to the preset sometime soon, I'll wait until I have road tested it a bit :)

Jens

Checking in on your Jazz guitar update file.......I am fairly new to the Fractal AX8 family and i am a jazz player, would love to hear your new incarnation of your jazz tone. I also have an early 1980 Ibanez Artist semi hollow ,mines an AM255.

Checking in on your Jazz guitar update file.......I am fairly new to the Fractal AX8 family and i am a jazz player, would love to hear your new incarnation of your jazz tone. I also have an early 1980 Ibanez Artist semi hollow ,mines an AM255.

Yes of course! I have been changing stuff a bit with the updates.

Here's the current version and how it sounds when I use it:

I'll upload it to AxeChange as well :)

Feedback and questions are of course welcome :)

Jens

Attachments

• SilverFace 20170203.syx
    23.3 KB · Views: 85
And now I was messing around and found that I might even like one of the other Twin models better! :D

To be continued :)

It sounds fantastic - when you play it - and it also sounds quite good when I play it.

One odd thing is that I lost all my amp controls on the front panel, when I loaded the preset. They came back, when I loaded a different preset.

It sounds fantastic - when you play it - and it also sounds quite good when I play it.

One odd thing is that I lost all my amp controls on the front panel, when I loaded the preset. They came back, when I loaded a different preset.
Tak!

Never had that and I have no idea why that should happen, though it is interesting. Does it happen every time you try that patch? :)

Jens

Thanks Jen for the jazz preset, haven't had a chance to try it but I will let you know when I do. Quick question for you, like myself you are primarily a jazz player. Have you found that the AX8 can replace your real amp (mines a 67 Princeton Reverb) and analog floor pedals when your playing live gigs? I have just acquired the AX8 a few weeks ago and I am really surprised how good some of these clean sounds are, I haven't had the nerve to replace my amp and pedals yet for gigs but I actually starting to think it would sound amazing at a modern progressive jazz gig. Have you played jazz dates with your AX8 yet?

Thanks Jen for the jazz preset, haven't had a chance to try it but I will let you know when I do. Quick question for you, like myself you are primarily a jazz player. Have you found that the AX8 can replace your real amp (mines a 67 Princeton Reverb) and analog floor pedals when your playing live gigs? I have just acquired the AX8 a few weeks ago and I am really surprised how good some of these clean sounds are, I haven't had the nerve to replace my amp and pedals yet for gigs but I actually starting to think it would sound amazing at a modern progressive jazz gig. Have you played jazz dates with your AX8 yet?

Yes I have done most of my concerts and records with AxeFx since 2010: Tours, TV, radio all of it. There's a clip of my band playing on Dutch tv with my Ultra. It replaced my Polytone rig and sounded better. I also thinks it out performs my old silverface Twin to be honest.

Just make sure you try it out in a rehearsal first I guess? Testing sounds at home and with a full band is never the same..

Jens

Wow thats amazing, the one thing I have found with digital of that past, were heavy distortion and metal tones were easy to get but that pure beautiful clean sound with a lot of depth and warmth and anything with just hair of break up with your touch was close to impossible to achieve compared to real analog gear. I have been an analog purist up to this point but this AX8 has been a game changer for me. I own a recording facility and hang out with a lot of other studio guys, but a few times now I have received phone calls from them asking me how my little guitar toy doing, followed by someday you will grow up. I say to them , you guys have to keep an open mind about this stuff.......which is followed by a chuckle by them. Next step set up a rehersal and take both rigs to see how the two compare.

Back
Top Bottom