Silverchair - Frogstomp/Freak Show

hwplainview

Given there seem to be a few similarly aged Axe FX users on here that probably had these albums as teenagers, I thought I would try doing some non-tone matched presets for these albums. Took a long time to get them right because the EQ profiles are pretty weird - you'll definitely have to adjust these very carefully depending on your guitar. Enjoy :)

Short demos:

Attachments

• Silverchair-Freak Show.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 60
  • Silverchair-Frogstomp.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 62
very underrated band/albums....loved them back in the day. whatever happened to the frontman?

Silverchair haven't released an album since 2007 and I think he's just doing solo stuff now which basically sounds like terrible advert music to me - I would stay well clear! Amazing to think he wrote Frogstomp when he was 15 though - Neon Ballroom is probably my favourite album as it still had some aggression but mixed with much more complex structures and instrumentation.

Thank you for sharing them. You have posted some excellent presets. Never thought anyone would most a preset for Candlebox.

If I could request one, can you try to do Far Behind by Candlebox?

Thank you for sharing them. You have posted some excellent presets. Never thought anyone would most a preset for Candlebox.

If I could request one, can you try to do Far Behind by Candlebox?

Sorry for the late reply, I've only just seen this - this is the best I could come up with at short notice (I don't actually know the song sorry!)

Hopefully gives you something to start with at least. My only advice is make sure the intro is played on a humbucker in neck position - chorus sounds like it might be bridge HB but difficult to tell. Enjoy.

Attachments

• Far Behind.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 18
How crazy, I thought the first song was Pearl Jam...damn if I don't learn something new at least once a week on this forum!

Silverchair was most definitely one of my favorite bands as a teenager. The guitars on Frogstomp kicked major ass. IIRC, he used a Firebird into a JCM900, and Freakshow was PRS's into a Soldano Hot Rod. I can't wait to try out these presets when I get back in front of my Axe later.

Big fan in my early teenage years for sure. I know there are probably others but this is really the one band I loved that gave any high school bands hope for success haha. deal.

Given there seem to be a few similarly aged Axe FX users on here that probably had these albums as teenagers, I thought I would try doing some non-tone matched presets for these albums. Took a long time to get them right because the EQ profiles are pretty weird - you'll definitely have to adjust these very carefully depending on your guitar. Enjoy :)

Short demos:

Little late to the Axe FX party but at least I got here. Yes Silverchair!!! Love this band. Your Freak preset is spot on! Tomorrow is also excellent. Thanks for sharing.

Back
Top Bottom