Silver faced Axe ?

I think it's just the lighting. I saw another video today where it looked very similar due to lighting.

Cool video, thanks for sharing.

Man, I guess you could label me a fanboy and I couldn't argue, but Via and Satch just crushed that. No matter what those two guys are playing, or who they are playing it with, you can pick out their tone and style from the crowd in about 2 notes. It was still the blues... it still had that swing, and that style that is the blues, but it was just on a different level with phrasing, emotion, and style. For me at least... of course you might hate it. Those two have been my guitar heroes for almost 30 years, and when I saw this, it reminded me why.

I am also trying to pick out who was on the AXE-FX. When Neal is doing his solo, the input lights seem to be dancing a lot, and I think it was likely him.

Man, I guess you could label me a fanboy and I couldn't argue, but Via and Satch just crushed that. No matter what those two guys are playing, or who they are playing it with, you can pick out their tone and style from the crowd in about 2 notes. It was still the blues... it still had that swing, and that style that is the blues, but it was just on a different level with phrasing, emotion, and style. For me at least... of course you might hate it. Those two have been my guitar heroes for almost 30 years, and when I saw this, it reminded me why.

I respectfully disagree. Vai especially was completely out of his element and he was like a little boy playing with men. He stunk up the place, IMO. I like and respect both Vai and Satch very much, but they are not blues players, and this was a blues gig.

Very subjective I guess, I thought Vai did ok for a non-blues guy really but Satch kind of stunk up the place.. his phrasing didn't seem to groove at all with the backing. Sounded like a bunch of disconnected stock blues riffs to me.

Well Mr. Jack Butler somewhat showed his colors in at this gig, not quite as good as he could have but considering the company he was in it worked.

Back
Top Bottom