Silent Underground Studio - Preset Packs and Services...

Hey guys, Hope everyone is doing great !

Just a quick update announcing the Silent Underground 2018 Valentines Day SALES !!

27628655_1707169212698520_184811438777934421_o.png

Get 50% OFF ANY of our digital products from now until the 14th of Feb !
https://www.silentundergroundstudio.com/flash-sale

Here is a quick demo I put together for the new METAL Bass Amp Pack we released a few weeks back. If it is something you might be interested in you can grab the full pack here.

Last edited:
Thanks so much guys. As soon as I can, I'll have updates for everything !!

Before I went into hospital I had a Todo list with 47 packs on it...
2018 was meant to start with a BANG... Instead we'll have to get to it all slowly haha

Hey guys, Hope everyone is doing great !

Sorry Silent Underground Studio has been quiet lately. About 5 weeks ago we had sent out a major blast communication via email with plans of updates to our preset packs as well as plans for all these new packs and then... BOOM... nothing...

Of those of you that follow me on Facebook personally here or the studios page here you already know why we kind of dropped of the face of the earth...

For those not in the know - I'll keep it brief. Just before Christmas (actually, the day after my birthday) I was rushed to hospital and had to undergo an emergency surgery. The surgery went great, despite being more complex and life threatening than the doctors and surgeons had originally thought, but no complications (knock on wood) and am healing well.

Until the past few days, I have basically been unable to sit up with a guitar in hand without a fair bit of pain and discomfort. So 4 Weeks out, and we unfortunately have not been able to roll out any new updates and have only manage to put together 1 NEW preset pack; Our new METAL Bass Amp Pack

I'm still 2 weeks out from being able to take on more serious chunks of time in the studio, so updates will likely have to wait until then. But rest assured - THEY WILL BE COMING and as alway, for FREE to all customers of each individual pack.

I thought I would start this thread to try to keep updates and releases more organised and in 1 place for those of you that don't do the Facebook / Instagram / Youtube thing.

Thank you SO much to everyone that sent well wishes while I was in hospital. It really lifted my spirits to see so much love out there ! Very much so looking forward to getting back to full potential in the studio and get these updates out and rocking.

I hope everyone had an amazing holiday / new years and started 2018 in the best possible way !!

Here is a quick demo I put together for the new METAL Bass Amp Pack we released 3 days ago.
If it is something you might be interested in you can grab the full pack here.

Best wishes and I highly recommend your work!

Just a quick update announcing the Silent Underground 2018 Valentines Day SALES !!

Get 50% OFF ANY of our digital products from now until the 14th of Feb !

I just saw that on your site! Very cool! Definitely going shopping.
New to Fractal though, so need to know if a Q7 or Q8 Metallica preset will sound ok in Q9.xx?
(It's an Axe FX II XL+ in case that matters)

I just saw that on your site! Very cool! Definitely going shopping.
New to Fractal though, so need to know if a Q7 or Q8 Metallica preset will sound ok in Q9.xx?
(It's an Axe FX II XL+ in case that matters)

Haven't had a single person complain yet, but if they aren't right we offer FREE updates once they firmware out.

Haven't had a single person complain yet, but if they aren't right we offer FREE updates once they firmware out.

I got the HET pack and Enter Sandman (for now. Looking at more). HET pack not yet installed except for Puppets, but the Sandman pack has a high pitch buzz on the clean sounds (intro and mid). Like a field of cicadas. Not very attack related either, comes on with the slightest touch of strings, as soon as the gate clears. Replacing the cabs (while messing up the sound obviously) takes out the buzz.
Is this a version issue or something to tweak?

I got the HET pack and Enter Sandman (for now. Looking at more). HET pack not yet installed except for Puppets, but the Sandman pack has a high pitch buzz on the clean sounds (intro and mid). Like a field of cicadas. Not very attack related either, comes on with the slightest touch of strings, as soon as the gate clears. Replacing the cabs (while messing up the sound obviously) takes out the buzz.
Is this a version issue or something to tweak?

Thanks for letting me know. I will look into it.

This happened once before when moving up from one of the first quantum FWs. There was probably a shift in the amp blocks EQ.
More typical for this to happen with Cleans and Bass as the IR is adding a huge amount of EQ to the raw amp tone.

If it requires an update, I'll shoot that out via Sellfy.

Thanks @EnterFractalMan

I purchased the Hetfield set, LOG set and the Pantera tone. Good stuff! Well done!

You should consider doing the Avenged Sevenfold album Waking the Fallen, amazing tones on that record. I'd kill for those!

got two packs!
Thanks @thegrizman !!

I purchased the Hetfield set, LOG set and the Pantera tone. Good stuff! Well done!

You should consider doing the Avenged Sevenfold album Waking the Fallen, amazing tones on that record. I'd kill for those!

We'll have a tonne more coming soon - and A7x Is definitely on the list!
Just waiting to see if with the release of the AXE FX III if a new FW will be released ?

I would hate to do a fresh run of FW updates just to have them need an update right away again (like the last round of updates we did - such a waste of time)

This next round of updates will cover ALL of our packs and finally make some of the older preset packs AX8 ready.

Will be a HUGE undertaking.

Updates are FREE of course ;)

May I ask one question.. I've bought USA, DIZZY, CITRUS, PVH and Fryman packs. And then i've updated them to 10.02 I hear lack of highs in compare with old versions of the presets. And volume of the presets reduced per 30 percent. For example Das metal patch.... Is it normal?
upd. The old preset sound exactly like this

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom