Silent Underground preset a day FEBRUARY

Hmmm. They've just sent out an update with XL+ versions of all the patches and I thought that might've been the problem but I still can't get them to load. I'll give the first 9 days a go when I'm back by my Axe Fx and see if any of them work.

I've just loaded up my last batch, which is about day 23 onwards, and most are being imported totally blank patches. It shows as saved in axe edit manage presets but when I actually go to the preset there's absolutely nothing there.

I'm on vQ6.01. Has Daniel updated to beyond that now??

Anyone else having this??

They were all made with Q6.03 - No reason they shouldn't work except perhaps for issues with FracTool conversion.
Am I the only person FracTool works way less than often for !?

I can't test right this second because my AXE is in FW 2 - not even Quantum 2 - Like 5 years ago FW 2 ;)
Doing a comparison video of every AXE FX II firmware - But I will sort this tonight !!

What units are everybody using that they are having issues with ?! - If you are an XL+ user and bought the pack shoot me a pm with your email and I'll send a new conversion straight over to see if it corrects the issues.

Also, have any of you guys messaged us through the site ?? - I just got one guy abusing me because I never write back and for the life of me have no idea who he is. Just wondering if some emails might not be coming through !?

Last edited:
I just threw FW 6.03 back on quickly and reloaded all the Feb patches from the actual Sellfy download folder and they all work on the AXE FX II and AX8 - Issue could be exclusively for the XL / XL+ units ?? - Anyone on AXE II or AX8 having similar issues ??

Man I gotta be on social media now to get it free?
I dumped FB years ago, Happy to be social media free......

It was just a trial run for the month, trying to find a way to make the daily release 100% automated and have been looking for a system that had scheduling services for file sharing - Not so easy to find.

You would not believe the absolutely ridiculous amount of time doing this 7 days a week chews up. I don't want to end the series, but it just can't continue the same way with me pumping in 4 or 5 hours a day to it.

For the next months series (April) I have paid a guitarist to record all 30 demos in DI because I just don't have the time to do it. I'll still be doing all the preset dialing / re-amping - but musically will be someone else performing / writing.

Hopefully you guys will dig it, he is a KILLER guitarist and fellow Youtuber.

Hi Daniel. Just to clarify, I'm on a XL and I downloaded the first few days and they loaded fine. They are some of my all time favourite tones. I'd been searching for a les Paul sound and these are just perfection :).

I then saved the rest to Dropbox daily and transferred in one batch but some come across totally blank in axe edit. It goes green when saving but no details or sounds. From memory it's from about midway through the month, some do some don't.

I wasn't too bothered basically because they were free and secondly I've been having to much fun on the rest of the months patches. I'm away again now for a couple of weeks so can't let you know exactly which ones didn't transfer but it's certainly NOT me abusing you via email.

I love your free preset a day idea and long may it continue

@Whistler - Thanks for the feedback man. Sorry for the daily downloads not working. I had no idea there was across the board XL issues other than a few isolated reports - I know a few guys with XLs that use the free gear I do and they didn't say anything so I assumed all way good - Perhaps it was for them ?!

Nothing changed in terms of saving them / converting them. Everything was the same the entire month through. I have absolutely no idea why, but when I use FracTool to convert it seems like 75% of the time the output patches just straight up don't work and ironically enough, NEVER in a consistent fashion. It always seems that 1 unit gets the short straw with the conversions. I've taken to just re-saving from the AX8 because the consistency is just not there. No damn idea what I am doing wrong with it !!

I'll do another conversion of those patches right now and send out an update for XL users that bought the pack.

FOR ANYONE ELSE that has an XL and found the free days presets didn't work shoot me a PM and I'll get together the 28 days and shoot out XL updates for those as well - For free ;)

TBH, the extreme negative reaction to having to share for the download made me really consider pulling the entire thing going foward. I get it didn't work for a few people, and that sucks, the last thing I want to do is waste anyones time, but we were still getting 80 - 170 downloads per day, showing it was working for a TONNE of people and for the extremely small handful of people that actually bothered to report specific issues and supplied adequate system specs I was able to report to Sellfy for them to try to improve their interface. Not much I could really do beyond that.

That Feb #PaD was a complete cluster fuck, because I was removed from the studio A LOT last month and had to rely on the scheduled posts but some people acted as it it was a massive personal attack. After 6 previous months of #PaD, and 400+ FREE patches in the past 5 years, the uproar just felt like a massive kick in the nuts.

Don't sweat it pal, you'll always get a few complainers. I remember freman saying exactly the same a while back and he seriously considered "was it all worth it". I need you guys as I have don't have the time or inclination to start making my own patches:)

I always buy the pack at the end of the month as I want to support people like you and I also get the extra patches!!

I'm out of signal now for 10 days (scuba diving in the middle of the Red Sea) but will purchase the Feb pack when I return and see how we go.

For what it's worth, I personally think the Feb patches that did load are worth the $20 alone. I'm really getting some mileage out of them.

All of the above is my own VERY personal opinion and others peoples views may be different ;)

That Feb #PaD was a complete cluster fuck, because I was removed from the studio A LOT last month and had to rely on the scheduled posts but some people acted as it it was a massive personal attack. After 6 previous months of #PaD, and 400+ FREE patches in the past 5 years, the uproar just felt like a massive kick in the nuts.

Sorry to read that you suffered haters/loosers "sweeties", unfortunately it is a widespread problem for anyone with some visibility/success...this is an idea that I try to transmit to my 4 years old daughter: destroy is so easy, as much as tricky is to build something up...do not fret because there is a silent (underground) majority that appreciates the work you put into these free uploads.
I have a proposal for you because it is stressful to do a whole month and we don't wanna loose you: you could do preset a day weeks spaced in time, take this in consideration.
Keep rocking my friend!

Last edited:
@SilentUnderground
Hey Dan,

Sorry to hear you you've been sick, hope you're doing better now. I contacted you directly about problems loading the Feb pack to an XL+ and you sent me the re-conversion but it doesn't seem to have solved the issue but I'm sure we'll get something sorted.

Just wanted to post here to say I really like what you guys do and add weight to the others who've said similar on the forum. Got to balance out the Dick's who start hurling abuse at the slightest hitch. Keep up the good work dude!

Don't sweat it pal, you'll always get a few complainers. I remember freman saying exactly the same a while back and he seriously considered "was it all worth it". I need you guys as I have don't have the time or inclination to start making my own patches:)

I always buy the pack at the end of the month as I want to support people like you and I also get the extra patches!!

I'm out of signal now for 10 days (scuba diving in the middle of the Red Sea) but will purchase the Feb pack when I return and see how we go.

For what it's worth, I personally think the Feb patches that did load are worth the $20 alone. I'm really getting some mileage out of them.

All of the above is my own VERY personal opinion and others peoples views may be different ;)

Thanks man, I appreciate the support and kind words !! - Hopefully the update I just sent out fixes the issues.
Enjoy your scuba diving !!

Sorry to read that you suffered haters/loosers "sweeties", unfortunately it is a widespread problem for anyone with some visibility/success...this is an idea that I try to transmit to my 4 years old daughter: destroy is so easy, as much as tricky is to build something up...do not fret because there is a silent (underground) majority that appreciates the work you put into these free uploads.
I have a proposal for you because it is stressful to do a whole month and we don't wanna loose you: you could do preset a day weeks spaced in time, take this in consideration.
Keep rocking my friend!

Thanks @ETOLKIEN !!

Compared to number of downloads the complaints were extremely limited. I did have a handful of awesome cats shoot me some info to help resolve some issues. I was able to sort some unzipping issues that Windows seems to have and isolate a few random Ad Blocker issues that prevented the Sellfy redirect to download.

No worry of stopping ATM - we'll see how April goes ;)
I have the tracks loaded, presets dialling as well speak and Re-amping about to commence !!

@SilentUnderground
Hey Dan,

Sorry to hear you you've been sick, hope you're doing better now. I contacted you directly about problems loading the Feb pack to an XL+ and you sent me the re-conversion but it doesn't seem to have solved the issue but I'm sure we'll get something sorted.

Just wanted to post here to say I really like what you guys do and add weight to the others who've said similar on the forum. Got to balance out the Dick's who start hurling abuse at the slightest hitch. Keep up the good work dude!

Thanks man, I appreciate that !! Usually it just rolls off me, but last month I was just completely over all the drama BS.

I'm still waiting for this guy from today to post screen shots of our conversation. They love that shit.
He passive aggressively threatened me with - "now you have an unhappy, mad potential customer with the entire internet as an audience" - Soooooo... I'm sure thats gonna pan out smoothly LOL :rolleyes:o_O

Any chance you could shoot me another Email or a PM here re: those XL patches?? - I really want to get the issue resolved...
Did you also get the Sellfy update email today ?? Did those work ?? - I converted each one individually instead of using the batch conversion in FracTool. If that didn't work I might have to shoot the pack over to the FracTool guys, and see if they can riddle me an answer.

Thanks man, I appreciate that !! Usually it just rolls off me, but last month I was just completely over all the drama BS.

I'm still waiting for this guy from today to post screen shots of our conversation. They love that shit.
He passive aggressively threatened me with - "now you have an unhappy, mad potential customer with the entire internet as an audience" - Soooooo... I'm sure thats gonna pan out smoothly LOL :rolleyes:o_O

Any chance you could shoot me another Email or a PM here re: those XL patches?? - I really want to get the issue resolved...
Did you also get the Sellfy update email today ?? Did those work ?? - I converted each one individually instead of using the batch conversion in FracTool. If that didn't work I might have to shoot the pack over to the FracTool guys, and see if they can riddle me an answer.

For sure, I'll continue the rest of our contact by email. I don't think I've seen the Sellfy mail but I'll check again.

One thing that occurred to me: I should try one of the other versions and see if any of them download. Obviously patches from the XL+ won't work on a MkII but they should work the opposite way, as far as I know? I'll give it a go when I get in tonight and let you know how it goes.

For sure, I'll continue the rest of our contact by email. I don't think I've seen the Sellfy mail but I'll check again.

One thing that occurred to me: I should try one of the other versions and see if any of them download. Obviously patches from the XL+ won't work on a MkII but they should work the opposite way, as far as I know? I'll give it a go when I get in tonight and let you know how it goes.

Absolutely, the MKII files SHOULD be able to be opened on the XLs, and worse case scenario perhaps you could try FracTool from your end!? There is absolutely no reason why these shouldn't work. Especially as half of them from last month DID work and then the second half didn't !? I can't for the life of me understand why, without a Firmware update OR FracTool update, these would have stopped working mid way thru with absolutely not a single change in procedure.

The inconsistency is killing me with these conversions.

I have a couple of presets that stopped producing sound when I upgraded to the beta. Worse yet is they cause other presets to stop working until I restart the axe. I'm not sure exactly what's going on here. BTW, this isn't with your presets, they still work for me.

I have a couple of presets that stopped producing sound when I upgraded to the beta. Worse yet is they cause other presets to stop working until I restart the axe. I'm not sure exactly what's going on here. BTW, this isn't with your presets, they still work for me.

I wonder if the Beta FW is the issue. Wish i knew what people were using.

Hi Dan, time to say thank you for all your great presets. I agree with whistler and do the same, buy at the end of the month to support you. Your bundles are worth every dollar or €. I don't use every preset, but every preset inspiring me to use amps in a way I normally won't do.

Back
Top Bottom