Silent Underground IRs

Maybe I asked the wrong question? I'll try again with feeling this time. Has anyone tried the Silent Underground IRs and lived to tell about it?. I'm just looking for general impressions. Thanks folks.

Maybe I asked the wrong question? I'll try again with feeling this time. Has anyone tried the Silent Underground IRs and lived to tell about it?. I'm just looking for general impressions. Thanks folks.

I got their last pack because it was way too cheap to pass up. $3 for hundreds of IRs.

I haven't really messed with them too much though, theres almost too many options. Worth picking them up and seeing if they're awesome for you though!

These IR's are pretty badass! I searched first before I seen your thread because I was gonna make one. They're cheap to buy and sound NICE!

If you only wanna try them, I say get the top pack on this page! CLICKY heck for $2.00 they will put the word HEAVY into your fw10 amps! WOWZERS:eek:

Posted on FAS Facebook page today:

Silent Underground Studio's new "Neutral" series cabinet IR's will be available this coming Monday for just $1.50 per pack - The purchase of which gives you a chance to WIN an MFC-101 MIDI foot controller + 2 x Mission Engineering EP-1 expression pedals and a custom label set from PedalBoard Labels. Here are their notes on the upcoming unique cabinet IR packs.

More Here:
https://www.facebook.com/fractalaudio/posts/10151911921124517

where can i find the picture with all the mic positions descrobed!?

I've since purchased the first Silent Underground pack and given them a try. IMO they have a processed sound to them. This is not a bad thing per say, but I also own the newer OwnHammer stuff and find that I spend most of my time there. The OH stuff is more raw and for me has been easier to dial in. I plan to give the new Silent Underground offering a try and see if that sits better for me.

I just snagged the V30 IR pack and WOW!
They sound great and are a tweakers delight.
I nailed the tone from my old Mesa MK IV and Recto 4x12 that I sold to buy my Axe2 in like 30 seconds.

These IR's are dope as hell.
Plus they are only a buck fifty- you can't lose.

Last edited:
Silent underground is awesome!!
Hey Guys I bought the V30 IR pack as well, there are so many options and the price is unbeatable.! remember to buy at least one, so you guys can enter the contest as well and stand a chance to win the mfc! :)

Just bought V30 and G12H30 IR packs. There is so many options, that i don't know where to start. Do you guys know what distance and what position is the best starting point for mic for rhythm tone in metal? I have no experience, how cab's are mic'd in real life. Any tips for using these IR's? I know, that these IR's need EQing too, so there is lot tweaking.

Edit:
I founded a good info from redwirez homepage. To answer to myself and maybe someone else is also little lost in learning what and how to use user/custom ir's:

Good starting points for some of the mics are:

- SM57 = Cap edge 0,5" or Cap edge offAxis 1"
- R121 = Cap 2" or Cab 4"
- 421 = Cap edge 0,5" or Cap offAxis 0" or Cone 3"
- U87 = Cap edge 2" or Cap edge 3"
- 409 = Cap edge 1" or Cab edge 0,5

Last edited:
I bought the 4 packs last night and I'm really liking the V30 pack. They are tight and clear + easier to get a quick tone compared to the stock cabinets. They don't sound as big but using 2 in a stereo cab block fattens them up a bit. With some experimenting with dual cabs and mics aswell as dual amps you could get some great metal tones.

Help! So exactly WHICH did you buy? All cabs there are named "celestion vintage 30" I am confused..

seems to be difference in mic and "switch" all modes/flat/cut... etc

Back
Top Bottom