Silent Lucidity and Hellraiser II

pharmd07

Experienced
I’m catching up on horror movies that I’ve never seen. Currently watching Hellraiser II and I recognized a line from Queensryche’s Silent Lucidity.

The lines you hear “help me” and “how is that, better?” in the song are from Hellraiser II.

How did I not know this? And why did Queensryche sample lines from a horror movie into such a beautiful ballad? Fascinating!

Is this common knowledge among Queensyche fans, or have I been living under a rock since Empire came out almost 28 years ago?

I was expecting to hear you ripping up SL on your Schecter and wondered why it wasn't in the Audio Recordings forum ;-)

Hehehe. Unfortunately not.

Ugh. Every time I listen to SL from now on I’m going to picture Pinhead singing the song. Creepy.

I’m catching up on horror movies that I’ve never seen. Currently watching Hellraiser II and I recognized a line from Queensryche’s Silent Lucidity.

The lines you hear “help me” and “how is that, better?” in the song are from Hellraiser II.

How did I not know this? And why did Queensryche sample lines from a horror movie into such a beautiful ballad? Fascinating!

Is this common knowledge among Queensyche fans, or have I been living under a rock since Empire came out almost 28 years ago?

I'd noticed that too. It's probably never been picked up too much elsewhere though as I've never seen anyone else mention it

Yup I've heard it too. They also use a line from that same scene during the intro to 'Best I Can'. It's, "Don't be scared of me", though the "of me" is difficult to hear, perhaps eliminated.
Very odd indeed. Maybe the band are Hellraiser fans? Maybe the engineer was a fan or threw it in to be artsy? But it's never mentioned in the liner notes nor have I ever heard anyone else bring it up before. We'll probably never know.

I’ve always wondered where those samples were from. Three decades later. Mind-blown.

7wcflw.jpg

Yup I've heard it too. They also use a line from that same scene during the intro to 'Best I Can'. It's, "Don't be scared of me", though the "of me" is difficult to hear, perhaps eliminated.
Very odd indeed. Maybe the band are Hellraiser fans? Maybe the engineer was a fan or threw it in to be artsy? But it's never mentioned in the liner notes nor have I ever heard anyone else bring it up before. We'll probably never know.

Maybe they're worried about copyrights and having to pay Clive Barker or the filmmakers

Back
Top Bottom