Silent Liquid Foot Switches

Ax-Fx

Anyone heard an update on the new silent switches liquid foot is working on? I am thinking to sell my MFC due to the switching noise for small venues. The two feature (quick/hold) switching sounds promising as well.

Well I suppose I can disclose this now instead of this weekend:

Introducing the MFC-101 Mark III

Main features:
- Solid-State switch technology. No moving parts except a spring "actuator". Switching is fully electronic and silent with no switches to wear out. Mechanical lifespan 1 million actuations.

- "FASLINK" jack. FASLINK is our new, proprietary communications link that features bi-directional MIDI and power over a standard XLR microphone cable. Cable runs of hundreds of feet are possible. FASLINK adapters for the Axe-Fx II will be available to complete the link. Additionally there will be FASLINK adapters for Mark I and II MFC-101s.

Stop by the Fractal Audio room at the Amp Show this weekend to see a prototype in action.

Might this have something to do with the current MFC101 shortage? Will folks (such as myself) on the MFC101 MKII waiting list be put on the waiting list for these? And, of course, what's the price?
-
Austin

Anyone heard an update on the new silent switches liquid foot is working on? I am thinking to sell my MFC due to the switching noise for small venues. The two feature (quick/hold) switching sounds promising as well.

Yes- Jeff announced a fully "switchless" switch. no tactile clicking noise- will last a lifetime as well as he said it has a lifetime warranty on the switches. No physical switches touch the actuators on all the new models. It is this way on the LF+ Mini, LF+ JR+, LF+ Pro+ and soon the LF+ 12's. For those who like the solid "click", the 12+ will continue for a little while.

Main features:
- Solid-State switch technology. No moving parts except a spring "actuator". Switching is fully electronic and silent with no switches to wear out. Mechanical lifespan 1 million actuations.

- "FASLINK" jack. FASLINK is our new, proprietary communications link that features bi-directional MIDI and power over a standard XLR microphone cable. Cable runs of hundreds of feet are possible. FASLINK adapters for the Axe-Fx II will be available to complete the link. Additionally there will be FASLINK adapters for Mark I and II MFC-101s.

Stop by the Fractal Audio room at the Amp Show this weekend to see a prototype in action.

interesting. any plans for releasing a smaller mfc 101 mkIII? also, is the addition of FASLINK an indicator of the axefx II mkIII or maybe even a fourth generation modeler?? it seems odd to release a midi controller which requires an adapter to function with current hardware, unless new compliant hardware is soon to follow.

interesting. any plans for releasing a smaller mfc 101 mkIII? also, is the addition of FASLINK an indicator of the axefx II mkIII or maybe even a fourth generation modeler?? it seems odd to release a midi controller which requires an adapter to function with current hardware, unless new compliant hardware is soon to follow.

The problem we've been seeing is broken CAT-5 cables and jacks on the MFC. FASLINK addresses those two weak spots. The adapter is a tiny box you stick in the back of your rack. Everyone has extra XLR cables at a gig; CAT-5 cables, not so common.

Got my attention...
Thank you Cliff. Great news!
Will there be a Solid-State switch technology retrofit option for the Mark II MFC-101's?

I've yet to use my AXE/MFC rig at my weekly church gig because of the MFC's loud switching.
Small sanctuary, very quiet environment, mostly just me playing solo guitar.

Main features:

Got my attention...
Thank you Cliff. Great news!
Will there be a Solid-State switch technology retrofit option for the Mark II MFC-101's?

I've yet to use my AXE/MFC rig at my weekly church gig because of the MFC's loud switching.
Small sanctuary, very quiet environment, mostly just me playing solo guitar.

+1000

Main features:

Apart from the solid-state switches & FASLINK, are there any other new features in the Mark III ? When do you estimate the Mark III will be available ?

I wasn't aware of this aspect. Can you describe "two feature" in a bit more detail (or point me in the right direction)?

Thanks.

Terry.

Each switch can be programmed for a short "normal" function and a secondary function if you hold it for a longer predetermined amount of time. You get double the buttons in a smaller footprint. They also have multiple "reveal" pages that can be programmed with different functions also. I like the jr as it is small and lightweight for the gigs I play.

Can't freakin' keep uip with the pace of Fractal's product improvements and developement! You guys are freakin' amazing!!!

Main features:

Yay!

I'll be ordering one of these as soon as they become available.
I'll be happy to put my old FCB1010 w/UnO to pasture.

Silent switching is essential for the types of gigs I do.

I'll echo what someone else asked:

I'm currently on the waiting list for the Mark II. Can I assume I'm *acutally* on the waiting list for the Mark III, since it's the next-gen footswitch?

Pretty excited about this.

I'll echo what someone else asked:

I'm currently on the waiting list for the Mark II. Can I assume I'm *acutally* on the waiting list for the Mark III, since it's the next-gen footswitch?

Pretty excited about this.

Will those on the current waiting list be offered the III ? How much will it be and when will they be available?

I think it would be fair to parse those email addresses on the waiting list for actual owners of the Axe. Too many eBay flippers out there.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom