1. We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.
    Dismiss Notice

Signal chain using Boss ME-70 + MXR EQ + Comp, etc for a Godin A5

Discussion in 'Rigs and Routing' started by Juan Carlos, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Juan Carlos

Juan Carlos
    Expand Collapse
    New here

Hey there,
    I'm new here an I'm looking for good advice since I'm having some trouble with my "end sound-color/ton" with my current signal chain.

I read a lot of the guidelines about it in the net time a go. I understand the basics of a signal chain. I play as a rythym guitar in an acoustic band since 18 years and prior to that used to play keyborads and acoustic guitar for a living for about 7 years. So, I understand the basics. Still, my recent setup is a little confusing for me.

Thats what I have the way is connected now. My question is IF thats the mos appropiated signal chain and if there is also an addition I should consider or maybe the signal is just fine but I'm overseeing some volts/cables/polarity fact?...
    The fact that I'm using the M70 is waht confusings me in the signal chain since I have there the "4x Stomp box" concept
    I'm thankful for any light in this tunnel :)

Guitar Godin A5 -> Wireless Sure UT4 -> Tuner DTR 1 -> Compessor Boss CS3 -> EQ MXR 10 ->
    BOSS ME-70 -> DI Box -> Mixer.

I use the Boss ME-70 as follow:
    Stomp box 1 - in solo functin. I dont use the compressor, just the solo function when soloing
    Stomp box 2 - boost. just in "on" when minor solos or delicated picking to be boosted. Otherwise off
    Stomp box 3 - Alternate between chorus, rotary or uni V in some songs, most of the time, off
    Stompbox 4 - Delay. Just for solos or specifical little details. Otherwise off.
    Pedal Volume - always in full volume modus. I use the Wah Wah three or four times during the show.
    EQ in the pre-amp sectin most of the time off. / Sometimes depending of the stage enviroment I use it as a EQ in the EQ position.

Hope some of you out there will be able to guide me through.

Thxs,
    JC