Signal Chain / Block Routing help

evh_slash

Hey, I have a real Tri Stereo Chorus rack that I've hooked up to my Axe FX for FX processing (Pitch/Reverb/Delay) & Recording. Using the Stereo IN2.

I want to make sure I don't ruin or collapse / combine any of the stereo field within the preset so I'm looking for some help with configuring the blocks to keep the L and R chorus outputs totally separate.

I was thinking of running 2 separate Tube Pre Blocks set with a Left Mono in and a Right Mono in, followed by 2 separate Cab Blocks, with 1 Hard Panned Left and 1 Hard panned Right. Is this correct??

OR is there a way of running both amp blocks into just 1 cab Block set for Stereo IN/OUT ? I'm worried that using 1 stereo cab block will result in mixing of the Stereo field because the amp blocks automatically split to stereo:

L IN 2 > Amp 1 Block (L IN) > > L + R out
R IN 2 > Amp 2 Block (R IN) > > L + R out

Last edited:
OR is there a way of running both amp blocks into just 1 cab Block set for Stereo IN/OUT ?
there is.
  • use the cab block in stereo input mode
  • set up the same IR in cab 1 and cab 2
  • pan cab 1 -100%
  • pan cab 2 100%
@yek - this seems to come up a lot. can we put explicit instructions in the wiki?

Last edited:
there is.
  • use the cab block in stereo input mode
  • set up the same IR in cab 1 and cab 2
  • pan cab 1 -100%
  • pan cab 2 100%

But doesn't each amp block have a Stereo output ??

AMP 1 block splits the L Input into L+R

AMP 2 block splits the R Input into L+R

Therefore if I'm running 2 separate amp blocks into 1 stereo in/out cab block, some of the Left sided Chorus from the Amp 1 Block may get mixed with the Right Cab input and play through my R monitor ??

Do you NEED 2 amp blocks or after you trying to solve a problem you (maybe) don't have?

Are you wanting to run the Tri-Chorus before the Amp block(s) or after?

The Cab block has a Stereo input mode as mentioned. When used that way, the IR slots 1/3 are Left and 2/4 are right.

Maybe post a picture of the signal flow you hope to achieve?

But doesn't each amp block have a Stereo output ??

AMP 1 block splits the L Input into L+R

AMP 2 block splits the R Input into L+R

Therefore if I'm running 2 separate amp blocks into 1 stereo in/out cab block, some of the Left sided Chorus from the Amp 1 Block may get mixed with the Right Cab input and play through my R monitor ??
yes, each amp block has a left and right output*. if you’re trying to use one on the right and one in the left you would use the balance knob in each one to send it’s signal to one side only.

* i hesitate to call it “stereo” as it’s the same signal on each output

yes, each amp block has a left and right output*. if you’re trying to use one on the right and one in the left you would use the balance knob in each one to send it’s signal to one side only.

* i hesitate to call it “stereo” as it’s the same signal on each output

Perfect !! Thats what I needed . Didn't notice the balance feature in the Amp block . Thanks mate !

Back
Top Bottom