'Siesta time'? :o)

Radley

Experienced
Things are very calm and still here at Fractalville - is it 'Siesta time', or 'the calm before the storm'???

Only Cliff knows.... :)

I expect more 'Siesta Time'.

There were a number of '5 hours on the keyboard typing...5 minutes on the guitar' types that prompted a reaction.

Regardless...I don't think the man is capable of true dormancy. We'll see something soon.

R

I think we're about to be blown away by the next FW release any day now. I have my RG-100 all ready to be 'Amp Matched'. It's all I have left.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There were a number of '5 hours on the keyboard typing...5 minutes on the guitar' types that prompted a reaction.

Regardless...I don't think the man is capable of true dormancy. We'll see something soon.

R

+1

Shut up n play yer guitar.

R
"Hmm.. how to make customers happy.. I know!! Belittle and alienate them!!! Woohoo!!! What a great idea!"

I don't believe intentions are that sinister. What I suspect can happen though, when a manufacturer gets very closely involved with thier user community as Fractal does, is that they realize that no matter what miracles they pull off, there will always be users out there who want more, who want it different, or who may even want less. This may take it's toll over time and may even prompt putting more distance between the supplier and the user community which is what we see with most competing product suppliers who often do only the minimum of communication / interaction with users (or even none in some cases (Boss)). I continue to believe this is a 'limited time' ride which will end when FAS either get's sold for big $ or when it becomes two big to run in it's current mode of close nit ties to user community. Enjoy it while you can!

Arrrrghhhh! I work in retail and I am so sick of this self entitled, immature behavior from the American consumer. No offense nikki but the condescending tone just makes you look like an arrogant brat. No one needs it and if you are so unhappy with your purchase then keep it to yourself. This is a thread that is for the anticipation of new firmware revolutions to come and you try to use it as a soapbox for your continuing rant across this board. Please cut it out. Cliff doesn't owe you anything.

Arrrrghhhh! I work in retail and I am so sick of this self entitled, immature behavior from the American consumer. No offense nikki but the condescending tone just makes you look like an arrogant brat. No one needs it and if you are so unhappy with your purchase then keep it to yourself. This is a thread that is for the anticipation of new firmware revolutions to come and you try to use it as a soapbox for your continuing rant across this board. Please cut it out. Cliff doesn't owe you anything.

Are you kidding me? The only one who looks like a brat here is YOU and an immature one at that. Nikki has posted very informative posts many times and on every one where she is asking for clarification on something or brings up what she might consider an issue she has always prefaced it with how much she likes the product and how she fears that her comments will be taken as an attack by the likes of well… you. Others may not agree. Cliff may even post that its being overly critical or obsessive which may or may not be the case and people will just have to agree to disagree.

Nobody here knows how much we play our guitars or what our interests are and it should not matter one little bit. If anyone has a question about the product they bought they are entitled to ask it without getting a ration of crap back for doing so. You are 100% correct in that Cliff doesn’t owe her anything and had you read her post correctly you would see it was not directed at him to begin with. Get a clue.

You work in retail so that gives you the right to group self-entitlement and immature behavior to Americans? BRILLIANT! Maybe a look in the mirror is required before you go posting drivel like this.

Last edited:
You work in retail so that gives you the right to group self-entitlement and immature behavior to Americans?

Speaking as an Australian, let me assure you that these ARE exclusively American traits.

Everyone else in the world is kind, considerate and patient at all times. We are always nice to each other, we never complain, and we call our mother every Sunday. (Those who don't have mothers call someone else's mother - it's a bit unsettling for the women concerned, but they get used to it.)

Cobbler nailed it. I'm a bit shocked and a little disgusted TBH to see the responses from the forum, when it is evident that no attempt was made to even understand the points being raised or even the genesis of the discussion in the first place. I'm also amazed that the forum would turn so quickly and easily on one of the best and most valuable contributors on this board, in what can only be classified as complete gross ignorance.

I'm too experienced and well respected as a player, engineer, producer and musician to let silly, childish and un-informed comments bother me - I have nothing to prove, and I have no reason to do so either. I am also far too thick skinned to be bothered about trite, condescending remarks, especially when they are misinformed and add nothing to a conversation but typical internet-flame-fluff. It's all very childish and humorous to me - I come from a harsh 3rd world environment, and mere words on the internet are nothing but mini-sitcoms unfolding for me.

I am deeply saddened however, that nikki was belittled and humiliated, especially being one of the most informed, detailed, meticulous and insightful posters on this board. I am missing nikki's insightful posts already :( I too always mention how much much I appreciate, enjoy and love the axe - from the perspectives of both a heavily gigging musician, session player, producer and engineer, and I am always very careful what I post as I wish no malice in any way to FAS, as words can be easily interpreted in the wrong way on le internetz, and misconstrued as being derogatory.

I'm surprising myself by even wasting time to respond to demeaning comments instead of laughing at them, but it bothers deeply me because it has affected one of our best contributors here - nikki.

I'm not going to be childish and continue any nonsense - my 5 hours on the interwebz are up, and there are '5 mins' I need to be on the guitar for some studio sessions now, so have a great day everyone, and please try to be informed before posting please, thank you :)

Are you kidding me? The only one who looks like a brat here is YOU and an immature one at that. Nikki has posted very informative posts many times and on every one where she is asking for clarification on something or brings up what she might consider an issue she has always prefaced it with how much she likes the product and how she fears that her comments will be taken as an attack by the likes of well… you. Others may not agree. Cliff may even post that its being overly critical or obsessive which may or may not be the case and people will just have to agree to disagree.

Nobody here knows how much we play our guitars or what our interests are and it should not matter one little bit. If anyone has a question about the product they bought they are entitled to ask it without getting a ration of crap back for doing so. You are 100% correct in that Cliff doesn’t owe her anything and had you read her post correctly you would see it was not directed at him to begin with. Get a clue.

You work in retail so that gives you the right to group self-entitlement and immature behavior to Americans? BRILLIANT! Maybe a look in the mirror is required before you go posting drivel like this.

And.......flame on:) Read the OP. This topic is not about Cliffs customer service and this board is not for customer service. I am not attacking nikki. I am simply asking her to keep her snide remarks off of this board. Do you think Cliffs board is the place to attack him with passive aggressive remarks? I am sure people suck all over the world Manning but it is getting especially bad here in the WalMart culture of America. Yes I work in retail, and by that I mean I own 5 stores on the west coast and run a successful business. Just because you buy something from someone that doesnt give you the right to act like a brat when you dont get the answer you want. Now go back to stroking each others egos and attack me all you want. I will be playing my guitar on my Axe II and not obsessing about every part in the unit.

And.......flame on:) Read the OP. This topic is not about Cliffs customer service and this board is not for customer service. I am not attacking nikki. I am simply asking her to keep her snide remarks off of this board. Do you think Cliffs board is the place to attack him with passive aggressive remarks? I am sure people suck all over the world Manning but it is getting especially bad here in the WalMart culture of America. Yes I work in retail, and by that I mean I own 5 stores on the west coast and run a successful business. Just because you buy something from someone that doesnt give you the right to act like a brat when you dont get the answer you want. Now go back to stroking each others egos and attack me all you want. I will be playing my guitar on my Axe II and not obsessing about every part in the unit.

And if you read Nikki's post you would see that it was not directed at the OP but at another post that actually references another thread that we have read. Obviously you have not or you wouldn't be making a fool of yourself. But hey, what do facts have to do with anything here? :lol Your post to her was insulting and you now justify your ignorance with the very actions and attitude you are condemning. Wow. Just WOW!

And if someone wants to obsess about every part in the unit they have every right to. What gives you the right to judge them? Maybe someone isn't a guitar player at all and their hobby is electronics or programming or some other aspect of this magic box. If by attacking you you mean I am pointing out your mistakes and assumptions then so be it. Again, maybe you should take a long hard look in the mirror before you post. Oh the hypocrisy...

Have a great day!

Last edited:
Reactions: jon
@Sterling & Sprint: I actually woke up in the middle of the night (I usually do so several times each night), and it hit me: You guys might have thought my comment was directed toward Cliff, a result of the exchange involving myself, Cliff, and others in the "..technical.." thread. If so, then I understand why you got upset. My comment, however, was directed toward Electron, and solely toward him. Whether the post by him was directed at me, at several of us, or someone else, I felt it was out of line for a Moderator here to post something like that. I spoke my peace concerning things in that thread (the "..technical.." thread, not this one), and for me, that was, and is, the end of that.

@Electron: I apologize for my comment. It was snide, and an immature reaction.

I understand that there will always be people that do not like me; in real life, I have few friends. But, I am a bit of a hermit, and odd enough that it can be difficult to be around me. I have no problems with that. Here though.. this is a place to celebrate the Axe (and other Fractal gear); but, I also saw it as a place to share knowledge and experience, to help one another, and to afford open, positive, productive dialogue when bugs, issues, roadblocks, etc occur and/are encountered.

I am incredibly curious about the next firmware, as it seems likely to include amp matching. As someone trying to mimic their personal rigs with the Axe, this is obviously something HUGE. And it is very obvious that something intense is going on behind the scenes, as the "usual suspects" have been noticeably scarce around here for... a couple of weeks now. Yes, I hit the forums here dozens of times on Friday, refreshing time and again, hoping Xmas would happen. When it did not, it became... will the firmware arrive during this coming week? Will we have to wait until next Friday? The Friday after that? April.. gulp.. 1st (even though that is a Sunday... and the new season of Game of Thrones begins.. only on HBO :D )?

nikki-k;636917Yes said:
Personal drama aside..

In my recollections of firmware releases going back many years now to 4.x on the Ultra.. Friday is of no significance. Maybe it's different now, but I think a new release could come anytime, weekday, weekend, day or night.

It is weird.. seems extra unusually quiet even amongst beta team.

My guess is the beta team is using it already and working out any bugs. With as much attention this has received it would be to the best interests of Fractal to have it polished before releasing it.

Reactions: jon
Back
Top Bottom