Shut up and take my money!

I received my "confirmation" email from Fractal late in the day on Oct 13th... no "buy" email yet.... and the reason why I'm so anxious to buy is only for the convience of all in one unit for Church services, rehearsals and smaller shows! I have no doubt that if you have any of the rack units ...the AX8 is going to be the same thing just in an different format. Now, I will say this to the newbie's (I still consider my self one also).... IMHO.... this unit is NOT a plug and play.... Read the manual, if there is one, o_O...watch as many videos as possible on any of the Fractal units, talk to other unit owners, invest in Cooper Carters 2 videos he has on Creative live dot com (they are worth every dime!)
What I have found to be the best way to use this machine is Learn all you can on "routing" and more importantly Invest in IR's!!!
Just my 2 cents on this while we all sit here and wait lol

ps... Xman ... I now have (2) of the Friedman wedges.... The Axe II sounds amazing in Stereo!!!! thanks for your Vid's on youtube !!

I received my "confirmation" email from Fractal late in the day on Oct 13th... no "buy" email yet.... and the reason why I'm so anxious to buy is only for the convience of all in one unit for Church services, rehearsals and smaller shows! I have no doubt that if you have any of the rack units ...the AX8 is going to be the same thing just in an different format. Now, I will say this to the newbie's (I still consider my self one also).... IMHO.... this unit is NOT a plug and play.... Read the manual, if there is one, o_O...watch as many videos as possible on any of the Fractal units, talk to other unit owners, invest in Cooper Carters 2 videos he has on Creative live dot com (they are worth every dime!)
What I have found to be the best way to use this machine is Learn all you can on "routing" and more importantly Invest in IR's!!!
Just my 2 cents on this while we all sit here and wait lol

ps... Xman ... I now have (2) of the Friedman wedges.... The Axe II sounds amazing in Stereo!!!! thanks for your Vid's on youtube !!
Thanks for this info schrismer!

I think all of you current Fractal/Axe guys have been nothing short of awesome in welcoming & helping us (soon to be) newbies out! (Insert Best Golf Clap Here)

I always try to find a guy that's getting the tones I want on a new piece of gear & then pick his brain or follow his videos. I've been taking notes here since day-1 on the forum & can't wait to try out the on board cabs & amp models too. I do own the Own Hammer Bogner 4x12 cabs & the UK Marsh set from my Helix adventure too.

Congrats on the dual Friedman set-up & now I'm getting a 3rd one just to be "THAT" guy! :D:p

X

Cool. Are you planning to do the W/D/W set-up?
No, I was just trying to be funny! I do that a lot w/ different degrees of success & a lot of EPIC FAILS! :p

I'm not getting a 3rd one & 2 is MORE than enough.

X

PS - I prefer it WET 24/7 too! :eek::D

Thanks for this info schrismer!

I think all of you current Fractal/Axe guys have been nothing short of awesome in welcoming & helping us (soon to be) newbies out! (Insert Best Golf Clap Here)

I always try to find a guy that's getting the tones I want on a new piece of gear & then pick his brain or follow his videos. I've been taking notes here since day-1 on the forum & can't wait to try out the on board cabs & amp models too. I do own the Own Hammer Bogner 4x12 cabs & the UK Marsh set from my Helix adventure too.

Congrats on the dual Friedman set-up & now I'm getting a 3rd one just to be "THAT" guy! :D:p

X

There are definitely some tasty cab selections in the factory folder as far as IR's are concerned. I haven't felt the need to load any of the 5000 IR's I have on my laptop.

Perhaps not so much sound as much as operation and work flow as a floor unit.

Understandable, but at that point you really do need it in your hands to build your own workflow. I will like to see how others are assigning footswitches and I wonder how I will incorporate the looper (what I really need to make the looper an integral part of my live rig).
The more I think about it the more stoked I am about this unit as kind of a watershed of known quantity/quality (I already own a gig the II steadily ~6x a month as of late) with new form factor / functionality that I WILL USE.

IMHO the only IRs that I would look at loading are some kind of great Alnico Blue selection for a real Vox AC30 tone and specialty IR's like acoustic guitar body, Cello, etc...

No, I do NOT! I'm waiting in-line & ready to buy it when my # is up!

I'm so low on the list that I'm thinking about buying the Axe-Fx II so that I can try out the amp tones sooner then later. :D

X
Sorry thought you had one-my bad

Back
Top Bottom