Shut up and take my money!

lrschmid

I've passed up a couple of deals on flipped Helices and decided to wait for the AX8.

I can't help thinking about this meme as I wait patiently to bubble up to the top of the waitlist. :D

Larry
Shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

I believe that it's VERY important to get the AX8 into the hands of a few Pros or great Fractal Players 1st & foremost.

People will create user demos the minute that they get one in hand & while that is a great thing, it can also be a bad thing if someone doesn't understand the product. I saw a few people take on the Helix & they didn't really have their style set.....&......those 1st few videos & tones can be a very important thing to a company.

I always thought that the actual e-mail invites would go out on the 18th or around the end of this week too. :cool:

Fractal is reaching a whole new demographic & user base on this product alone in my eyes. A lot can & probably has been learned in watching the release of other recent products as well by the Fractal team.

Once the flood gates open, there's no going back! :eek:

The 1st round of invites is right around the corner........& just hold out a little longer boyz (you can do it)! ;)

I can't wait for the madness to begin & I'm really looking forward to reviews, sound clips & video demos of the Ax8 from the people on this forum & board!

X

PS - People love to see/hear a guy getting the tones that they want/need to get on any piece of gear. It tells us that it's possible to get what we're looking for if we take our time & learn the unit.

Last edited:
I believe that it's VERY important to get the AX8 into the hands of a few Pros or great Fractal Players 1st & foremost.

People will create user demos the minute that they get one in hand & while that is a great thing, it can also be a bad thing if someone doesn't understand the product. I saw a few people take on the Helix & they didn't really have their style set.....&......those 1st few videos & tones can be a very important thing to a company.

I always thought that the actual e-mail invites would go out on the 18th or around the end of this week too. :cool:

Fractal is reaching a whole new demographic & user base on this product alone in my eyes. A lot can & probably has been learned in watching the release of other recent products as well by the Fractal team.

Once the flood gates open, there's no going back! :eek:

The 1st round of invites is right around the corner........& just hold out a little longer boyz (you can do it)! ;)

I can't wait for the madness to begin & I'm really looking forward to reviews, sound clips & video demos of the Ax8 from the people on this forum & board!

X

PS - People love to see/hear a guy getting the tones that they want/need to get on any piece of gear. It tells us that it's possible to get what we're looking for if we take our time & learn the unit.

And you have one already correct?

To be honest, that is ALWAYS the case, and I seriously doubt that Fractal has to worry about sales volumes of any of their product line... :)

No, I do NOT! I'm waiting in-line & ready to buy it when my # is up!

I'm so low on the list that I'm thinking about buying the Axe-Fx II so that I can try out the amp tones sooner then later.

X
Patience grasshoppa! This is normal FAS product rollout!

Patience grasshoppa! This is normal FAS product rollout!
I'm very patient actually!

I'm just eXcited to try some Fractal tones & we'll see what & when the AX8 list starts to move forward.

I was just asked if I have one & I don't......

X

If you are into rack gear now is the time to jump on the II. I'm not sure why people need demos, it sounds like the II just in a different form factor.

I believe that it's VERY important to get the AX8 into the hands of a few Pros or great Fractal Players 1st & foremost...

...People will create user demos the minute that they get one in hand & while that is a great thing, it can also be a bad thing if someone doesn't understand the product. I saw a few people take on the Helix & they didn't really have their style set.....&......those 1st few videos & tones can be a very important thing to a company...

...PS - People love to see/hear a guy getting the tones that they want/need to get on any piece of gear. It tells us that it's possible to get what we're looking for if we take our time & learn the unit.

Are you sure that’s the right approach?

I’d think you also want to get it into the hands of rank amateurs:
e.g.; “OMG I never thought Louie, Louie had such primordial depths. If it can make those lame chops with that entry level guitar sound that good on a low res online video: Imagine what could it do for ME?!?!!!!!” (order - click - send)

Player savants with their transcendent skills and the inevitable top drawer production standards and fairy dust enhancements might put off some potential customers who attribute qualities of the device to the celestial capabilities of the performer.

Not for sure, just sayin’

So, why take a chance: get 'em in the hands of everyone.

BTW: Since it will sound exactly like an Axe FXII: existing demos cover what it will do, so it's not like we need a rock star to demonstrate the form factor. Their guitar techs probably do the set up anyway.

Last edited:
Are you sure that’s the right approach?
No, I'm not sure of anything! :rolleyes:

Yea, sending everyone on the list a brand new AX8 as of right now would be ideal for everyone & the ultimate goal.

But.....w/ limited stock I can see why the 1st few units will go out to a specific list of proven players. That could be local guys of all playing levels that have been on this forum for years or Pro endorsements. I'm new here & have no clue & my comments are all based on the one guy who's an endorser getting the 1st known AX8 unit.

Nothing will stop or even slow down the sale of the AX8, even a bad user video demo, but I'm sure any company wouldn't want that.

The Fractal Team knows exactly what they're doing here & I trust that we'll all be very happy in the end.

Bring on the AX8! ;)

X

Back
Top Bottom