Shure GLXD Advanced Wireless w/Frequency Manager

biskitboy

Power User
I'm curious if anybody here uses the GLXD Advanced System explicitly with the Frequency Manager. The frequency manager seems to be the way to go if you plan on using a few GLXD's on stage.

When in stand alone mode, each transmitter transmits on 3 unique channels out of the 30 frequencies. In group 4, this means you have 27 (3 in-use) backup frequencies. For group 2, there are 5 channels with only 6 frequencies in each. Therefore, you basically have 3 frequencies you are using and 3 backup frequencies in Group 2. As you start adding devices, things get hairy unless you are using Group 4.

With the frequency manager, you can have 3 transmitters all using the same 3-channels while behaving like they are in Group 4. The next 3 transmitters grab another 3 channels. That leaves 24 backup frequencies.

I know the 2.4GHz space can be problematic, but I haven't had a single issue using Group 4. The frequency manager seems to be the ticket if you really want to gig with this stuff. I'm just curious if anybody has tried this setup, and what are your thoughts.

My alternate plan is to bite the bullet and get the QLXD system instead.

Silence speaks volumes some times. I think most people just avoid the 2.4Ghz space which is very wise. Just bought some QLXD's instead.

Back
Top Bottom