Shure GLX-D

Jalevinemd

Inspired
I just picked up a Shure GLX-D wireless system. The one that fits on a pedalboard. I was wondering if anyone here who's using one has safely powered the transmitter it with a third party power supply like the Pedaltrain Volto?

Yes, I bought mine from the US and I live in Australia so the power supply that came with it wouldn't work anyway. I just looked at the specs and got something similar and that works with now issues. I'm sure a volto would work fine as well.

I'm using an old Boss power supply. I cut the cable and put a new end on it. works great. One spots work great as well.

IMG_4478.JPG IMG_4480.JPG

I had a big issue with my GLXD last night at a gig. Very first song the pedal unit completely turned off on me. I quickly turn the power switch off and on and it kicked right back on. Then 20 seconds later it happened again. So i then quickly switched to a cable for the remainder of the set. During the break i tried it again and it seemed to work fine after that. I used it for the remainder of the gig with no issues.

I am powering the unit with the pedal power 2 Plus on jack 5 250Ma with standard black cable. Has anyone else had this issue? would i be better running it in 12 volts on my 4x4 at 400Ma? could that have been the issue? It really sucked having that happen during a gig. I never had this issue in the past few months.

Any thoughts?

I am powering the unit with the pedal power 2 Plus on jack 5 250Ma with standard black cable. Has anyone else had this issue? would i be better running it in 12 volts on my 4x4 at 400Ma? could that have been the issue? It really sucked having that happen during a gig. I never had this issue in the past few months.

Any thoughts?

From memory, the power supply that came with mine is rated at 400mA. The power requirements listed on the spec sheet for the GLXD6 (the floor unit with tuner) are "9 to 15 V DC, 250 mA min., 400 mA max. Compatible with positive tip or negative tip power supplies."

Your unit was probably trying to pull more than 250mA from your PP2 and couldn't get it. I would use the other power supply you mentioned.

From memory, the power supply that came with mine is rated at 400mA. The power requirements listed on the spec sheet for the GLXD6 (the floor unit with tuner) are "9 to 15 V DC, 250 mA min., 400 mA max. Compatible with positive tip or negative tip power supplies."

Your unit was probably trying to pull more than 250mA from your PP2 and couldn't get it. I would use the other power supply you mentioned.

Should I run at 12 volts 400ma
Instead of 9 volts 400 ma? My 4x4 can do either? I just want to be sure I'm not going to fry the unit running at higher volts. I'm guessing 12 should be fine since it says 9-15 volts rated.

Should I run at 12 volts 400ma
Instead of 9 volts 400 ma? My 4x4 can do either? I just want to be sure I'm not going to fry the unit running at higher volts. I'm guessing 12 should be fine since it says 9-15 volts rated.

Either 9v or 12v is fine. They're both within the 9-15v operating specs, and the unit will function the same on either voltage, so just pick whichever is convenient and use it.

Back
Top Bottom