Shrediagonal - updated lesson with neck diagram built into the video

Cobrango

Power User
Hello everyone! first post on the new forum, yay. I've just updated my shrediagonal lesson with an added neck diagram, less need for tabs :) I've had a lot of comments and feedback on this one in different groups, people really seem to like the built in diagram - 4500 views in a week on facebook. the diagram is a bit shaky but this was my first attempt at doing something like this, I'll make sure to post diagrams in my videos in the future, I really the aestethics of it. in this lesson I'm shredding some diagonals using eqonomy picking, 3nps, Aeolian, Ionian, Phrygian and Mixolydian. It's 60 notes in total and 14 per mode. I think my speed and clarity is improving - as a fun fact I found that the lick in the end of the clip is 18 notes per second. I'm using Ibanez Guitars rg2228, DiMarzio PAF-8s, Axe-fx II, D'Addario Strings and Planet Waves .008 - .038 + .060 + .080. Jim Dunlop Guitar Products Tortex T3 0.60mm. (neck cam: galaxy s5 and gorilla grip)

on my artist page you can find out more: https://www.facebook.com/torjeamundsenmusic/
and here is the lick on youtube where you can slow it down:

Last edited:
Nice techique and very nice of you that you bother to share some of that with others. However, if you don't mind, I think you should put that into some context, like playing it over some suitable backround. It's a bit dry like this, don't understand it wrong. A solid background would emphasise your lick.

Nice techique and very nice of you that you bother to share some of that with others. However, if you don't mind, I think you should put that into some context, like playing it over some suitable backround. It's a bit dry like this, don't understand it wrong. A solid background would emphasise your lick.

good idea, maybe I'll add that to the lessons aswell, examples in a musical context. Some of my lessons like this one is just about finding ways to connect the dots. I don't explain that in the lesson, but playing in a diagonal way like this really help you to get a better sense of how to connect the modes and how to see the whole neck as one scale instead of just one box starting from your index finger. I guess I could have said that as an introduction, hehe :p thank you for sharing your thoughts! it motivates me a lot! :D

Back
Top Bottom