Show your partscaster!

I once bought a used Fender custom shop neck. The actual idea was to replace the neck of a Standard Series Strat but then I decided to built a new partscaster out of it and started to collect used parts. I liked the result so much better that I eventually sold the Standard Series Strat. Pickups are Bare Knuckle Mother's Milk, body is from Warmoth.
partscaster.jpg

I once bought a used Fender custom shop neck. The actual idea was to replace the neck of a Standard Series Strat but then I decided to built a new partscaster out of it and started to collect used parts. I liked the result so much better that I eventually sold the Standard Series Strat. Pickups are Bare Knuckle Mother's Milk, body is from Warmoth.
View attachment 133303
Excellent! Very nice color.

Thanks! Originally I was looking for a traditional color like Olympic White or Candy Apple Red, but then I found this Olive Green Metallic body and thought "why not!?" :D

I wanted to put together a fun hair metal type of guitar.

Warmoth roasted maple neck, 59 roundback with stainless jumbo frets.
Alder body from Northwestguitars.co.uk
Vegatrem, with a maglok in the back.
Dimarzio Choppers in the bridge and neck, Dimarzio Richie Kotzen SC in the middle.
Single 250k volume

Attachments

• 20231226_132213.jpg
    20231226_132213.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 22
I wanted to put together a fun hair metal type of guitar.

Warmoth roasted maple neck, 59 roundback with stainless jumbo frets.
Alder body from Northwestguitars.co.uk
Vegatrem, with a maglok in the back.
Dimarzio Choppers in the bridge and neck, Dimarzio Richie Kotzen SC in the middle.
Single 250k volume

I do want to try a round back one day. The coolest neck I ever played was on some 80s Strat with a terrible Kahler on it sitting in a Santa Fe guitar shop; the thing had the biggest neck I've ever felt, just massive shoulders, thick and beefy in every way. It took me a few minutes of shock to realize it was the most comfortable thing in the world for my hands!

Here is my next build.
Confession: I think I'm getting addicted to this!

Warmoth Swamp Ash Strat body, routed for most any pickup combination.
Forearm, tummy, neck heel comfort cuts.

The picture of the front is sanded, with one light coat of polymerized tung oil in the pickup cavity to test the result.

Warmoth Swamp Ash Front 2024.jpgWarmoth Swamp Ash Back 2024.jpg

Here are some more Strat style that I've made over the years. Always trying different woods, electronics, bolt patterns, finishes, inlays & even decals.
If necessity is the mother of invention, than innovation is the path to discovery. You can't just take someone else's word for it all the time.
You have to get out there & check it out for yourselves.
I recently sold the teal one towards the end to fund my AxeFX3 & FC-12 MK2 package. I hated to see her go, but I've already ordered torrefied Maple & Swamp Ash for my new replacement.

Cheers!

@Planta Fantasma How many of those 10 screws actually hold the neck on?

I didn’t build this guitar, I modified it and wanted to share anyway.
MIM
Push pull tele knobs
1 tone 1 vol
Wilkinson vintage trem
Fender locking tuners
Cool, hot and vintage rails
Graphite string tree
TUSQ nut

Attachments

• IMG_1338.jpeg
    IMG_1338.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1339.jpeg
    IMG_1339.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Finally a new guitar w/o a lock nut.
I just got this Mahogany & Rosewood Strat finished tonight. It's nice when everything comes together better than expected.

Cheers!

Attachments

• IMG_7548.JPG
    IMG_7548.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_7547.JPG
    IMG_7547.JPG
    4 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_7546.JPG
    IMG_7546.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_7543.JPG
    IMG_7543.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_7542.JPG
    IMG_7542.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_7541.JPG
    IMG_7541.JPG
    4 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_7540.JPG
    IMG_7540.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_7549.JPG
    IMG_7549.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 17
@Planta Fantasma How many of those 10 screws actually hold the neck on?
Sorry man, I didn't see this when originally asked.
All 10 of those screws are actually going into machine inserts. One of my friends is an engineer & he came up w/ that 'spider eye' pattern.
We were just experimenting & there were 3 of those made.
I settled on a 6 bolt pattern for anything I still currently make w/ a bolt on. The 6 bolt is extremely stable. There are 18 triangles that occur in a 6 bolt pattern, making it much stronger than a standard 4 bolt, which lacks the torsional rigidity at the joint allowing the neck to be forced off center.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom