• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Show us your pride and joy - your car!

MGoBlue

Inspired
Since claham already went down this road:

Epic_08282011.jpg

Its worth more than on the POS car I haul it around in. Its my #1 hobby with guitar as a close 2nd. Now if only Cliff could figure out how to model trails......

PALYGAP

Experienced
This used to be my Madness:
[HR][/HR]
Voiture Madness retouchée.jpg

[HR][/HR]unfortunately I have recovered since then.

Last edited:

3Dhuman

Inspired
1976 AMC Jeep Wagoneer, AMC 360 4bbl (about 200 hp, close to 400 lb/ft of torque), Borg Warner Quadratrac w/ low range, TH400 transmission. GVW is close to 3 tonnes. I call it the Big Orange Beast (Bob).

Mainly a winter ride as it drinks gas like I breath air.

It has never been stuck. Ever. Not even close.

P1020414.jpg

79_limited

Experienced
3D Human. I love the old Wagons. I sold 79 Limited Wagoneer mine years ago. I restored it to about 80% and I kind of wish I still had it if I had the space. Man you could haul a lot of gear in those old Wagoneers.

DNW

Power User
Nothing fancy. This isn't my actual car, but it's the same including the colour, except mine doesn't have a sunroof.

3Dhuman

Inspired
79_limited. Wagoneers are awesome! You had a nice one there. Yes, they can haul a lot of stuff... and, not get stuck doing it. A true SUV... way ahead of their time. It'll practically idle through axle deep snow without a problem. The same can't be said for some of the modern SUV's I see struggling during our winters.

Sadly... a large, heavy vehicle + a big V8 + full time all-wheel-drive = 10-12 mpg (and that's while parked). During the summer I use a bicycle for the most part.

Top Bottom