This is an old pic and no longer own the ride but it was my pride and joy for quite a few years.

Picture009.jpg
Picture007-1.jpg

Sweet, what that get about 4 miles to the gallon. 8)

Only when your foot was in it... but it was an E ticket ride for sure.

Specs: Chevy 350 4 bolt main stroked to 383, B&M 170cc Forced induction dual side draft Webber's, matched cam, Crane roller rockers, Turbo 350 Trans B&M Shift kit 3500 stall, 4:11 Posi 12 bolt. It put down 475Hp to the rear wheels nothing monstrous but still streetable.

This was more fun though... 3.0 SHO Twin Turbo 1800Lb Sand Car with 525 RWHP @ 14Psi

Picture022.jpg

PICT0113.jpg
PICT0123.jpg

Don't have pics, but this thread made me think about the car I had in high school and college - 1970 Dodge Dart Swinger, yep the 'Swinger' model w/ the yellow daisy on the logo! Light metallic blue w/ white vinyl top. Slant 6 engine and a poorly designed single barrel carburetor which starved the engine when quick acceleration was needed - causing stalls when pulling into intersections! The trunk was just big enough to fit a Fender Super Reverb.

Only had it a few years, but I drove it to so many great gigs and surf trips the memories of that car always make me smile.

-- Mine was the entry level that didn't have a fan driven ventilation system - the vents between the windshield and hood were were connected to doors below the dash. If you parked under a tree and opened the vent door you got pelted with leaves - wet leaves in winter and hot crispy leaves in summer.

Last edited:
Blasphemy of course but my pride is that I never owned and very seldom use a car. This thing and walking, sometimes bus or street car works well since I live in a city.

Y2C_384_xx01_svart_1136.jpg

Attachments

• Y2C_384_xx01_svart_1136.jpg
    Y2C_384_xx01_svart_1136.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 16
I used to have one of these

Ford_Fairlane_GTA.jpg

Ford Fairlane (Americas) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

1967 Ford Fairlane GTA Convertible

Great car when gas was cheap... Mine was green.

I had a Jeep when I lived in the desert.

jeep-01.jpg

jeep-02.jpg

350 Chevy. Even worse mileage than the Fairlane.

I drove it from Boise, Idaho to Las Vegas in February one year.

-30F in Wells NV that evening...

These days it's another fine antique...

lincoln-town-car-1998-2003007.jpg

20 MPG seems economical by comparison...

I wish I lived where I didn't need a car...

My Audio A6 3.0 Quattro Avante. Oyster Grey, Bose surround and all the bells and whistles. £40k well spent.

Before my failed back surgery I tooled around in this...
402529526.jpg

It got to be too painful to get in and out of so now I drive this...
402529481.jpg

My baby. I have been into Corvettes since early childhood. I had cousins who raced Corvette funny cars, and I got to hang with them down in Englishtown, NJ (Racewaaaaayyy Park!) a few times. 2000 'Vette, loaded, manual (of course! automatics are just... wrong..). Had to sell it after ending up a paraplegic (no longer able to drive, and needed more money to get sucked away by bill paying). Next is me on one of my bikes, before the paraplegic crap, of course.
nikki 2000vette2.jpg

me-bike-01.jpg

Back
Top Bottom