Show us your MFC setups! (post your pics)

q10uhmY.jpg

Lights won't be on much but it's cool to have lol. 12x24 monkey dream board.

Wow that is excellent. How do you like this so far? I was looking at this guys website. I'll be running nearly the exact same setup and was curious what the dimensions of your board are? Also, how is everything affixed, Velcro, or actual screws? Thanks.
:encouragement:

Hi BreadTooth. Actually I'm just using it for wah wah. I wanted to get as close to an original Cry Baby as possible! Though I couldn't resist adding the LED-lights :)

Fractal should have placed the CAT socket somewhere else. You have done a brilliant trick with the Neutrik box. I too use the angled neutrik jacks and they stay in the way of the newer housed CAT plugs.

image.jpg

My rig:

Axe fx 2
Mfc 101 gigwrx.com labels
2 boss fv-500L for wah and fx mix
Middle Electric pd-915R power supply
Eventide H9 mounted behind the axe fx 2
Line 6 relay g55 wireless
Mission spring loaded pedal on the way will replace the boss as my wah moving boss to volume
Horizon cable detective mounted to board
2 1989 fender hm strats
Line 6 James Tyler variax JTV-89f
Ibanez jem 505
2 mackie DLM12 powered speakers

Here's my board.
Mfc-101 mkii
Mission spring loaded ep-1 for wah
Mission sp-1 for whammy, rotary, tremolo and delay speed.
Boss Fv-500L for volume.
My custom gigwrx fx-labels

e4edymeq.jpg
7ypa7ady.jpg
zudunyhu.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Excellent labels! I expect Sascha will give you one of his "Nice Setups".... ;)

What's a "Slicer". I think I want one.

Was there any reason you got McMillan Softstep rather than the 12 Step? I'm struggling with Ableton.... There are various very much lighter expression pedals - the Roland EV-5 being the one I use. I actually use three, each one different so there's no danger of getting confused.
[URL=http://s1245.photobucket.com/user/HugoMack/media/DSC_0002_zps34e0a904.jpg.html]
[IMG]http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg585/HugoMack/DSC_0002_zps34e0a904.jpg[/URL][/IMG]

You'll see I'm also not quite there on the labels...

BTW, having the extension box above the MFC, its sits on a wooden platform over the top protecting the vulnerable USB output from the MFC, which as you can see goes into a more robust unit velcroed to the Pedal Train as earlier described.

How's the EV-5 working, was thinking of picking one up. I like the larger FV-500, but it's huge!
What's the switch below EV-5 and what are you using it for?
You'll get there on the labels, lol.

Sent from my iPhone

Thanks for your interest. The labels are Stomplabel special editions... very exclusive.

The EV5 is fine: I use it for things like increasing delay feedback volume and number of repeats, and modulation rates. My wah and whammy is on the more heavy duty Ernie Ball. I like having different pedals, as it makes makes for less confusion about what they do - plus being smaller. The massiveBoss is a volume control pedal in line with the tuner.

The little switch is hooked up to Exp 1&2. One side provides a momentary switch to the tuner, for high volume fast cut-offs. The other is a momentary switch for delay hold - needs to held down. I tried that with a latching switch, but the risk of catastrophic feedback wasn't worth the slight convenience.

As for labels, they're actually out of date, so I'm now remembering that for example Delay 2 is actually Amp XY, and so on. Even using rubber solution which is easy to pull off and change, it's a bit of chore, but I seem to remember.

All taper doctoring is done on the Axe. I do quite a bit of that on the various parameters that the pedals alter.

All taper doctoring is done on the Axe. I do quite a bit of that on the various parameters that the pedals alter.
Do you do that in the modifier curve? I'm still wishing for an inverse-log selection that would do it for me. I love the feel of Ernie all pedals, but I had to use a resister network to make the taper play nice.

I've never adjusted any expression pedal. But you do need different curves if your EXP alters more than one parameter. Easily done on the Axe

I had the same problem, eventualy ditched it and switched to mission (2) ...end of story!
Hoe ever, i much prefere the EB shape.
Yeah, there's something about the way an EB feels and moves. And you don't have to ditch it, either! This little trick will turn your EB into a linear-taper pot (or at least close enough that it makes no difference). It rescued mine. Click this link, and then click "Linear Pot."

Wow that is excellent. How do you like this so far? I was looking at this guys website. I'll be running nearly the exact same setup and was curious what the dimensions of your board are? Also, how is everything affixed, Velcro, or actual screws? Thanks.
:encouragement:
He currently no is not using an axe rig but the board was 24x12 and he used velco

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom